FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Delorean won't start

Won't start

Hi Dave is that brown to yellow red for lambda? Should I force fuel bypassing (removing the rpm relay) by shorting brown to purple red and try to start that way?

Won't start

Hi my cold start valve is not fireing pulled the wires on the thermo time switch measured the resistance of the switch
    And it measures 40ohms also checked the wires going to the switch and they measured 7 ohms also measured the cold start and it measures 6 ohms so no shorts..

Question could the thermo time switch and the cold start valve prevent the injectors from fireing? Also what pins on the rpm relay connector would tell me if a pulse from the distributor is being sent? And of course what voltage to look for?
    Last edited by Gumby; 09-03-2014 at 09:08 PM.

My VIN:    3937

Since you're new here, ah, I'm gonna cut you a break...

Just kidding...

Have a look at these as it will answer some of your questions:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?17...wiring-diagram

And these individual ones might answer some others:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?40...ing-Schematics

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
    Hi my cold start valve is not fireing pulled the wires on the thermo time switch measured the resistance of the switch
    And it measures 40ohms also checked the wires going to the switch and they measured 7 ohms also measured the cold start and it measures 6 ohms so no shorts..

Question could the thermo time switch and the cold start valve prevent the injectors from fireing? Also what pins on the rpm relay connector would tell me if a pulse from the distributor is being sent? And of course what voltage to look for?
    Try a squirt of starting fluid into the air inlet plate to see if it fires. If it "pops" that would tell us you probably have a fuel problem and the ignition is working.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post

The thermotime switch only fires the cold start valve, and only during cranking. It does not turn on the pump or anything like that.

You measure the two pins on the thermotime switch to ground, not to each other.

One will typically read 50 ohms (heater) and the other will read short if cold and open if hot. If you read 50 across the two pins it's probably good.

The white/slate wire on the RPM relay is tach pulse from the ignition ECU. Do not ground or apply power to it.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Won't start

Well maybe my lambda relay is screwing up have tried 2 different rpm relays hmmm onward..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2