FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anybody familiar with Delorean Performance Industries Twin Intercooled Turbo Setup?

My VIN:    4428

Anybody familiar with Delorean Performance Industries Twin Intercooled Turbo Setup?

Hi All,

I see that DPI is now offering a Spec 2 twin turbo with intercoolers. Aside from the basic information and one or two stock photos, I'm not able to see what actually goes into the build.

For instance, I'm curious what level of internal reengineering has taken place (if any) to components such as pistons, compression ratio, crank, transmission, etc. I'd also be curious to know if the system uses an EFI (and, if what, what brand), digital ignition, modified heads, and what the details of the turbos and intercoolers are.

If anybody has any additional information, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks!
    Matt

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Afternoon Matt, Updated site launched five minutes ago. More info is available at the link below. Regards Josh

http://www.deloreanindustries.com/sp...o-intercooled/
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

You may find some information on his new website which is awesome by the way:
    http://www.deloreanindustries.com/sp...o-intercooled/

Edit: I was too slow...

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Josh at Dpi is the lead inovator in the delorean world, he does really top notch work. If you are really interested you need to call him and he will go over any questions you have and if that engine is right for you. He will not post up all the fine details of the engine as there is probably pages and pages of info that is bespoke inovations that he has spent years and a huge investment to create and test, I know I wouldnt just write all my hard earned secrets on line after all the work needed to get them.

Also be aware this is not a kit or ready to install set up that you can buy and install yourself, Josh rightfully requires that he does all the work himself at Dpi for quality control. There is soooo much more to it than adding two turbos and some aftermarket efI. But dont worry you won't be disappointed.

I have a general layout of what is covered in the conversion. It is extremely extensive and leaves nothing untouched for the power output level. Any further questions on any of the details requiring clarification just ask!

The exhaust update listed in the description ended up being standard on all systems. Essentially the post turbo section of the system has an after purge feature for fuel. on 100-110 octane this will give a blue like halo out of the tips. On 93/94 it is more of an orange. The tips extend 2.5 inches longer than the standard slash cut SPEC I option with plenty of fascia clearance. The system has three maps available: power/econ/limp (third only available by a hard fault) Currently this is controlled via a PDA linked with the ECU. Eventually it will be a switch next to the boost gauge.

NOTE: On the website it is still a work in progress. Fast one at that but we needed to make the transition immediately with magento phasing out our current store. The site will be unique due to implementing pdf product install files and you tube video's with almost every product listed. The cross database option is also being configured to recommend what you really need not just random parts. IE Water pump also recommends thermostat etc.
    Last edited by Delorean Industries; 09-01-2014 at 03:18 PM.

Another note on installs as stated above. This is very complex and there is no way to actually write a comprehensive install as a very high level of knowledge on the core car systems is required. Right now installs are only here. I'm working on a west coast option still as I want to become a snow bird to a degree. I will be running Grady through the install giving owners a east coast option for install on not only the twin turbo system but dpi efi, cams/exhaust etc. I want to work with those I feel have the same passion and level of quality to install dpi products as I grow this into a niche' authorized dealer/installer network. Giving me more time to continue innovating.

fantastic details Josh! do you have some new pictures to share?
    Let us reply to ambition that it is she herself that gives us a taste for solitude.

Quote Originally Posted by BABIS View Post
    fantastic details Josh! do you have some new pictures to share?
    I'm finishing another one up today hopefully.

My VIN:    5628

That is one sexy motor!

My VIN:    891, 1045

Now for the most important question...where is the dyno sheet?
    -James . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." ~ H.P.G.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast