FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: DeLorean car insurance

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Johnson View Post
    I've been with Condon/Skelly Classic Car Ins... Might want to check them out.

Bruce
    Wow... They're a lot less expensive - on par with my regular insurance. I'm going to get a formal quote and compare.

Thanks for the recommendation.
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

Just an FYI: those of you "high rollers" out there should look outside Hagerty. Nothing personal against them, but I could not find a way to get rid of the $0 deductible, and they were seriously under-valuing 559 by a good solid 25%. Wanted $1,600+ per year at my value. Absolute insanity. Went to Condon Skelly, they wouldn't budge higher than Hagerty would, even though both were given legit appraisals. Ditto for American Collectors. Went to American Modern, and they made an exception for the 25-year-old limit since the title was in my name (ask for underwriting approval with them if you run into this), then they let me pick my own deductible, which I set to $500, then they asked for the appraisal, which I sent them, and they accepted! Final price: right around ~$650, literally less than HALF of what Hagerty was charging, with no more screwing me over in the event of a total loss.

Needless to say, it's another vote for American Modern for me

My VIN:    5625

So do all these places require an appraisal of the vehicle before they will cover the car?

Quote Originally Posted by Trstno1 View Post
    So do all these places require an appraisal of the vehicle before they will cover the car?
    Only if your value exceeds a certain built-in limit, which mine did. I do not know specifically what that limit was for any of those companies, but each of them triggered some kind of "hey, take a look at this one" for all of them. Cars in the $20K-$30K range etc. 9 times out of 10 will pass through fine.

My VIN:    1420

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

I can't speak for the other insurance companies, but Condon/Skelly only required me to send four photo's of each car showing all four sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Johnson View Post
    I can't speak for the other insurance companies, but Condon/Skelly only required me to send four photo's of each car showing all four sides.
    Forgot to mention that part, thanks. Pretty much all of the "classic" insurance companies wanted this, and Hagerty also wanted a picture of my garage. I don't recall if American Modern required the garage picture or not, but the other two didn't get far enough to get to that point, so I'm not sure on them.

My VIN:    1420

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Condon/Skelly didn't require a photo of the garage, just an acknowledgement on the application that all the entrances were secured by a locked door. I too forgot to mention that both Delorean's and the Fury have an agreed value over 30K. But like I said, I've been with them a while which may carry some leniency on their part BUT we'll see what happens when my next premium comes due.

My VIN:    4534

That's the reason I'm stuck with regular auto insurance on the DeLorean, no garage.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Z View Post
    That's the reason I'm stuck with regular auto insurance on the DeLorean, no garage.
    This is my worst fear with 537 -- if I keep it, it'll have to be outdoors under a canopy or something. Let me know if you ever find a middle-ground on this, even with mileage and/or use restrictions, it's worth looking into.

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

So Condon/Skelly is a bust for me... 2500 annual mile limit - that's fine for me because I usually drive less than 2000. However, the policy stipulates the car must be maintained as a collector vehicle only. That means it can only be driven for shows and events. A fact I confirmed via e-mail with them.

Guess I'm just gonna keep my daily driver State Farm policy...
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast