FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: DeLorean car insurance

My VIN:    3849 (former 4117)

I forgot to mention that American Modern has an agreed value of $35,000 in addition to unlimited mileage and i'm allowed to drive it to work multiple times per week. $330 per year.

My VIN:    4534

Quote Originally Posted by mluder View Post
    I understand the benefit of agreed value - but if your car is totaled any insurance company has to use comparables to evaluate the pre-accident value of the car. So what's the risk?
    NADA for my DeLorean:
    Low $16,800
    Mid $29,000
    High $45,300

They're going to take that into account when you don't have agreed value. I'd say Red is a midrange car. Good mileage, great stainless, so-so interior. They might look at her and say that she's a low quality DeLorean. She was red, a restored car, non-professional engine refreshing, and homemade seat skins. Then they'll try to stick me with the 16,800. Without an appraisal or agreed value you're stuck with that.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

My VIN:    5625

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Z View Post
    NADA for my DeLorean:
    Low $16,800
    Mid $29,000
    High $45,300

They're going to take that into account when you don't have agreed value. I'd say Red is a midrange car. Good mileage, great stainless, so-so interior. They might look at her and say that she's a low quality DeLorean. She was red, a restored car, non-professional engine refreshing, and homemade seat skins. Then they'll try to stick me with the 16,800. Without an appraisal or agreed value you're stuck with that.

where are you guys finding NADA book values for a DeLorean? I went online to nadaguides.com but it did not list Delorean as an option.

My VIN:    5625

Quote Originally Posted by Trstno1 View Post
    where are you guys finding NADA book values for a DeLorean? I went online to nadaguides.com but it did not list Delorean as an option.
    Disregard that last post......

Found it...

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by Trstno1 View Post
    Disregard that last post......

Found it...
    I use the Hagerty valuation tool.. just not their insurance. To me, the agreed upon value should be whatever you're comfortable receiving should the vehicle be totaled. Is there more to it than that, other than affecting your premium amounts?
    Jeff

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Just so we're all clear, we cant really compare rates unless we're all taking the same liability coverage, that is after all what at least half of the cost of your insurance is for.

If you're carrying state minimum coverage for liability, medical, etc. you're obviously going to have a considerably lower rate than someone that wants more coverage.

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    Just so we're all clear, we cant really compare rates unless we're all taking the same liability coverage, that is after all what at least half of the cost of your insurance is for.

If you're carrying state minimum coverage for liability, medical, etc. you're obviously going to have a considerably lower rate than someone that wants more coverage.
    Deductibles will effect your rate as well...
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

My main insurance company is USAA and they recommended I use a coordinated insurance hook-up with American Collectors Insurance in Cherry Hill, NJ. All of my liabilities, etc. are in sync with USAA and my rate went down considerably plus the added "agreed value" is part of the American Collectors Policy. Agree value this year is $32,000 with a $1,000 deductible. They seem fist-rate and I'm comfortable with them since USAA referred them.

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by hmcelraft View Post
    My main insurance company is USAA and they recommended I use a coordinated insurance hook-up with American Collectors Insurance in Cherry Hill, NJ. All of my liabilities, etc. are in sync with USAA and my rate went down considerably plus the added "agreed value" is part of the American Collectors Policy. Agree value this year is $32,000 with a $1,000 deductible. They seem fist-rate and I'm comfortable with them since USAA referred them.
    I just ran a quote with American Collectors... Over $600 - That's double what I'm paying State Farm for full coverage, lower deductible, daily driver, no mileage limit, no agreed value.

Hmm... this is a poser. Not sure what to do.
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

My VIN:    1420

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

I've been with Condon/Skelly Classic Car Ins. since I cancelled Hagerty for dropping my then 22 and 25 year old kids when they were ticketed for going 25 in a 20 mph zone. They were going to make them wait for 5 years before reinstating them. One's previous ticket had long dropped off. I have full coverage with agreed value, unlimited driving, no deductible for 2 Deloreans, a '72 Comet, '64 Fury conv. '58 Desoto and a '55 Ford for premium of $861 per year. Had a mishap with the Desoto and Ford when the garage support rafter collapsed spilling a bunch of stuff onto the hood, roof and trunk lid of the Desoto, and on the roof of the Ford, causing over 10K in damage. Adjuster came out and I had a check within 2 weeks. Might want to check them out.

Bruce

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast