FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: DeLorean car insurance

My VIN:    16306

Got my insurance through Safeco, $450 every 6 months for daily driver/unlimited miles and full coverage (though no agreed upon value). They were the cheapest I was able to find that gave me what I wanted.

Classic car insurance was a no-go since I wanted to drive the car whenever and some of the other insurances either weren't available to me in my area (like American Modern) or wouldn't take new owners (like State Farm).

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

Club(s):   (DCF)

On my first D, I used Hagerty for a while until I came across Heacock. They are based in FL, and offered a hell of a better rate with less restrictions than Hagerty.

The policy is underwritten by AMIG, which is a great company as voiced by several others in this thread.

On VIN 1098, I have $40k coverage, 6k miles a year, and i'm paying $360 for 12 months. I can live with that.
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

My VIN:    5312

Busted angle drive+ yearly allowed mileage by hagerty= heeheeheehee

My VIN:    10515

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Grundy

I just bought a car (10515) and many people in the Seattle area recommended Grundy (www.Grundy.com).

They do agreed value (I started at $25k, as I haven't done any work to the car yet, and I paid significantly less than that) - the cost is $160/YEAR. Per year. Worth calling them for a quote.

My VIN:    10201

I got statefarm regular insurance. GEICO would not cover it and I was too young for hagerty at the time. I got fairly decent coverage and a pretty high mileage limit. I had collector insurance with statefarm before but the mileage limit is capped at 2k. Way too low for me.

My VIN:    07000

Quote Originally Posted by dtavres View Post
    I just bought a car (10515) and many people in the Seattle area recommended Grundy (www.Grundy.com).

They do agreed value (I started at $25k, as I haven't done any work to the car yet, and I paid significantly less than that) - the cost is $160/YEAR. Per year. Worth calling them for a quote.
    I have Grundy and not only do they do agreed value, I can drive the car for leisure and not restricted to car shows only - and it's very cheap insurance.

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

I have USAA insurance. Upside: Pretty good. No mileage restrictions. Covers me for the cost of the DeLorean (about 30 to 35k). Doesn't need to be in a garage. Downside: I pay $70 bucks a month though so $840 for the year.
    FB Page: #ProjectDelorean https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph
    Twitter: @projdelorean

"Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

USAA set me up with American Collectors in Cherry Hill, NJ. Seems reasonable and a lot less expense than USAA regular. Stated value. They have several mileage tiers to select from - I have the 7,500 mile tier which is too much but, it gives me lots of freedom. Garage is required. USAA sync's all my liability insurance with American Collectors too, as I have two other cars with USAA.

My VIN:    1420

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Stated Value vs Agreed Value can be a bit misleading:

"A stated value policy (sometimes called stated amount or maximum limit of liability) does not promise upfront to pay this stated amount. In the event of a covered total loss, it may pay less than the stated amount, as the insurer has the right to pay the lesser of your collector car’s depreciated actual cash value (ACV) or its replacement cost. Also, many insurers that offer stated value policies require periodic appraisals to substantiate the insured amount, adding cost and inconvenience to the client."

"An Agreed Value policy (which is the same as Hagerty’s Guaranteed Value policy) guarantees the policy will pay the full insured amount of the vehicle – with no depreciation – in case of a covered total loss."

Might want to check on that with your insurer.

American Modern $210 a year agreed upon value. But you must have other classic cars.

Steve

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast