FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: DeLorean car insurance

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by dtavres View Post
    Check out Grundy - www.Grundy.com
    I just posted this elsewhere in the forum but it bears repeating here - I just got this response from Grundy to my question about occasional personal use: "Thank you for contacting Grundy Worldwide. For any vehicle on the collector policy you cannot use the vehicle for running errands, taking trips out of town unless it is being used for hobby related use such as a car show, tour or parade. To visit a friend out of town on an extended trip we would consider that daily use [and not covered]." I have one collector car insured with them already, and can live with that for it. But for the DeLorean I want to be able to use it more often. Probably will end up going with Safeco like on my daily drivers.
    1981 DeLorean w/supercharged Chevy V6 - purchased 1990; built '90-'95; sold 2005; re-purchased 2016; sold again 2017
    1957 Dodge D500 Hemi convertible - restoration completed 7/2015; sold 12/2019
    1957 Dodge 2-door station wagon, 2019 Chrysler drivetrain
    2000 Corvette convertible

Quote Originally Posted by BLWNAWY View Post
    I just posted this elsewhere in the forum but it bears repeating here - I just got this response from Grundy to my question about occasional personal use: "Thank you for contacting Grundy Worldwide. For any vehicle on the collector policy you cannot use the vehicle for running errands, taking trips out of town unless it is being used for hobby related use such as a car show, tour or parade. To visit a friend out of town on an extended trip we would consider that daily use [and not covered]." I have one collector car insured with them already, and can live with that for it. But for the DeLorean I want to be able to use it more often. Probably will end up going with Safeco like on my daily drivers.
    Will Safeco give you an agreed value policy, though?

Quote Originally Posted by Drive Stainless View Post
    Will Safeco give you an agreed value policy, though?
    They will, but not sure if that was what I got quoted since my daily drivers are with Safeco, and I asked for coverage similar to what I have on the Vette - low annual mileage. My agent is supposedly checking, but he is slow and vague with answers.
    Last edited by BLWNAWY; 05-05-2017 at 04:26 PM.
    1981 DeLorean w/supercharged Chevy V6 - purchased 1990; built '90-'95; sold 2005; re-purchased 2016; sold again 2017
    1957 Dodge D500 Hemi convertible - restoration completed 7/2015; sold 12/2019
    1957 Dodge 2-door station wagon, 2019 Chrysler drivetrain
    2000 Corvette convertible

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Call American Collectors www.americancollectors.com for a quote. At the Spring Social event this year they handed out flyers from them with a Delorean on it.
    877-303-6075
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    10201

Safeco will not cover me for some reason. I tried getting a quote from them and I guess something like insurance middle man said they could not find me any company that would give me full coverage. Seem to be stuck with State farm for now.

My VIN:    4877

I just did a quick quote on that American Collectors site and at 30k, 5000 miles 0 deductibles it showed me under $300/year...so I'm keeping them in my list..not that I'll need it for a while since my car is still in peices
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    4665

I did a quick quote on American Collectors and received a similar $300 rate. When to complete the application and I added all family members (Wife and 3 kids, none of which will drive the car, and each have their own car) the price shot up to $800. Same price I was paying with State Farm.
    Last edited by iflights; 05-06-2017 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Clarity

My VIN:    4877

Wow, thats a big jump. I didnt go through the completing the process, since Im not yet ready...we'll see what happens when I do.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

You cannot compare what an insurance company can offer in different States. Each State has different requirements as to what the insurance company MUST offer and it can vary the price a lot. Some can offer insurance (not liability) even on cars during restoration for instance if the house burns down and destroys the parts. Adding kids may be a problem if they are under a certain age. In some States that forces the insurance company to put them in a high risk pool increasing the cost (potentially a LOT!). If you have a company like State farm ask them how much you will get after the deductible if the car is stolen and not recovered. Ask if there is an "Agreed Value" or are they going to "blue book" it? In most States you really need collector car insurance unless you are trying to use the car as a daily driver. If you use it as a D/D you will pay a LOT in premiums with a high deductible and if lost or totaled you will get almost nothing. And to total the car it won't take much. I am not endorsing American Collector, every owner should get multiple quotes and pick the best one for them in the State they live in and the way the use the car.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    10515

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast