FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Vin 00575

My VIN:    00575

Vin 00575

Hello all. I am a new member and these are my introductory lines.

I am the proud owner of car number 75 (off the production line). It is mostly original save for the recently replaced fuel filter, fuel pump and RPM relay. Today I finished a few weeks worth of wrench turning, wire tracing/replacing, start-inhibitor wiring modifications and waiting for replacement parts. Finally today, after correcting the mistakenly connected modified brown wire to the wrong post of the wrong circuit breaker, she started up like a champion!.

Now, (albeit elsewhere in the forum) I will post the symptoms of my next obstacle to pure Delo enjoyment: Car shuts off in right turns. I suspect there is an issue with the ground some where in the system. I digress.

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

Welcome to the forum!
    Do you have any pics of your car you can post? We'd love to see them.

George
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by sqlpoet View Post
    Hello all. I am a new member and these are my introductory lines.

I am the proud owner of car number 75 (off the production line). It is mostly original save for the recently replaced fuel filter, fuel pump and RPM relay. Today I finished a few weeks worth of wrench turning, wire tracing/replacing, start-inhibitor wiring modifications and waiting for replacement parts. Finally today, after correcting the mistakenly connected modified brown wire to the wrong post of the wrong circuit breaker, she started up like a champion!.

Now, (albeit elsewhere in the forum) I will post the symptoms of my next obstacle to pure Delo enjoyment: Car shuts off in right turns. I suspect there is an issue with the ground some where in the system. I digress.
    Welcome aboard 007....ti-five

Have you owned the car for a while or did you just get it? I know many would love to see some pictures. Sounds like a good car to comment about in the previous owner info thread.

For your car shuts off in right turns, I'd imagine if you get your head upside down in the driver's footwell and look up at the underside of the ignition switch and wiring jumbles, you'll see your problem. It will be easier to see with the plastic canopy removed, but do it carefully as they are fragile. One screw towards the wheel in the center underneath and two additional smaller ones closer to the front of the car, straddling the column. Lift off the top, then the bottom as it releases from the ignition switch trim piece opening.

On the driver's side of the ignition switch (not the side your key goes in) you'll see where the wires connect. It is a circular piece that fits in fairly poorly. What I would guess is that when you turn to the right, something else is tight in terms of wiring (maybe with a couple too many zip ties) and when you turn the wheel it pulls a bit on the wires. You can replicate this pretty easy by doing it safely in your driveway, although turning the non-powered steering wheel might be tough! I bet if you removed a couple zip ties/tie wraps and then put a couple new ones on that aren't tightened as much but still keep things in their place, it will help your problem.

That being said, if your engine dies in the middle of a turn, don't take the key right out of the ignition as you'll engage the steering column interlock and that's no fun at highway speeds!!

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    4357

Welcome to the forum!

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Welcome to the forum and +1 for the car's picture

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Greetings and welcome to the 500 series club. Although I do not own a 500 series DeLorean, I do work on three 500 series DeLoreans in our local club
    and I have logged several thousands of miles driving at least two of these 500 series DeLoreans over the past decade.

In addition to being a 500 series car, VIN...575 is also a member of the CFR club (one of the initial 88 company leased cars with Chestnut Fleet Rentals).

See a few more details about your DeLorean at the following link: http://tinyurl.com/l2w9jqt

Chris Nicholson at PJ Grady UK has put together a short history of the 500 series DeLoreans and the initial Chestnut Fleet Rental DeLoreans.
    I have reviewed about a dozen of the forty or so known 500 series DeLoreans that left the factory and I hope to view your car in person sometime.

Enjoy VIN...575 !!

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Yes, we'd definitely like some pics and even better, some history of where the car has been, how long you have had it, where you are etc.

You may be interested in these two threads for cars 559 and 573 (your very close sister )
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"