FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: DeLorean Dark Grey Headliner Material

My VIN:    781

Question DeLorean Dark Grey Headliner Material

Hello all,

I recently took my car into a local apholstry shop to, among other things, redo my headliners. When I got my car the door liners were already out and the center two were covered in some ugly green material. My frame of reference for the correct color were the sunvisors (I have the old style where the material faces upwards, and out of the sun, when closed).

They gave me a call today to come in and check out the materials they were able to find. Sadly, they haven't had much luck in color matching with a proper fabric. The closest approximation they were able to find was "Ash grey" from a Mercades. The color is a bit lighter than looks correct for my car, in addition to having a slightly blue hint (the blue hint was told to me by the shop as the material swatch they had was too small to tell).

All than being said, does anyone else have any experience with finding Dark Grey headliner material that is a better match for the original? If so, what company did you buy from and do you have a SKU? My car is currently at the shop so quick responses would be appreciated. All thoughts and opinions are welcome

And yes, before you ask, I'm aware that DMC sells the fully finished liners on their site, but my backers are all still in good condition and I only need material (which DMC will not sell on its own, I asked).
    When this baby hits 88 miles per hour...your going over the speed limit.

My VIN:    6125

I don't have any personal experience with finding headliner material but remember reading a few threads from a while back that may be useful:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?66...ing-of-the-car

Potentail sources listed for material are Pep Boys, JoAnn Fabrics and http://www.yourautotrim.com/