FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: DeLorean Pictures needed! 2015 DeLorean Calendars

  1. #1
    Senior Member Michael Babb's Avatar
    Join Date:  Aug 2012

    Location:  Wellington New Zealand

    Posts:    231

    My VIN:    3472 (former), 1141

    Club(s):   (RMDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    DeLorean Pictures needed! 2015 DeLorean Calendars

    Same request as from last year. I am planning on producing a DeLorean wall calendar for 2015. From my post below from last year you can see the requirements, and the versions of the calendar that I produced for 2014 can be found at http://www.cafepress.com/dmc12/10467783. Please email me at mcbabb@gmail.com if you have a submission, agree to the terms below, and want your pic evaluated for inclusion in the calendar.

    PM or post here if there are any questions!

    <<Details from the last 2 years - all stays the same>>>

    Hello all. I produced DeLorean wall calendars for a few years (2007 - 2010) and after a break while I have been DeLorean-less, I am thinking about creating a new Calendar for 2013. . .and I need your help. As I have done in the past, I want to solicit pictures from the folks that are on this forum of their cars in cool settings, etc. I need 13 pictures total, 1 for the cover and 1 for each of the 12 months. . . and usually make the cover car the picture that I think i the coolest (usually - there also needs to be room for calendar title, etc.

    What, you ask, do you get in return for providing a picture? For just that, nothing (sorry!) BUT, if I use one of your pictures I will let you purchase a calendar at my cost - $20.99 (for everyone else the price is marked up $2.00 to cover my time putting everything together - $22.99). When offered for purchase, they will be available on my CafePress store at http://www.cafepress.com/dmc12. I will at a minimum do a 17 x 11 inch calendar (with enough submissions), but may also do an 8 1/2 x 11 version ($16.99 my cost, $18.99 sales price), and a single-page calendar.

    So, if you are interested in having your car immortalized (at least for 2013), please send your pictures my way. You can either PM be here, or send them my direction via email mcbabb@gmail.com. I need HIGH QUALITY images (just because your phone has high resolution does not mean that the pics will work good in print with the small crappy lenses and SW on most phones). Specifically, I need images that will scale well for a 17 x 11 inch calendar picture at around 200 DPI (or approx 3500 x 2300 for the dimensions) - no idea what any of that means - feel free to forward my way and I will let you know if it will work or not.

    I usually choose pics on a first come-first served basis (assuming that it will scale - and I usually prefer just the cars, no people - though I know from recent posts that there are some Irish gals that some folks would not mind seeing more of). Please let me know if there are any questions.

    For anyone that has worked with me on this in the past, or purchased one of these, feel free to chime in on what you thought of the process, the final product, etc.

    Here are some examples of the past cover images for the calendars:

    2007:
    Attachment 13199

    2008:
    Attachment 13200

    2009:
    Attachment 13201

    2010:
    Attachment 13202

    Finally - my 2 favorite pictures from 2009:
    Attachment 13203
    Attachment 13204
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Michael Babb; 09-05-2014 at 08:45 PM. Reason: fixing formatting

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    4,596

    My VIN:    3937

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Babb View Post
    Hey Michael,

    Glad to see you're doing the calendar again. I have at least one I took this season I really like, but will give others a chance as I've had a photo in your calendar a couple times before.

    I will say, from this 2008 calendar cover page, boy does the car ever look nice when you take a picture of it with the doors CLOSED. Strange sort of because I can't think of a lot of times I have taken pictures of my car where I left the doors closed. Gives me a new idea to go find some nice angles with it just like this. Sweet.

    Hope you're enjoying Colorado. I lived in Colorado Springs years ago when we were commissioning some equipment at the Intel facility near Garden of the Gods park (the plant is now closed I think I heard). Hard to find a more beautiful part of the world than that place.


    Sept. 81, auto, black interior

  3. #3
    Senior Member DavidProehl's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Maple Grove, MN (Minneapolis) & Singapore

    Posts:    1,343

    My VIN:    05457

    Here is my favorite photo of my car from the past year...

    Touched up:
    Golden Gate.jpg

    Original:
    20131115_134707.jpg

    Another couple good angles from that day, untouched:
    20131115_134524.jpg20131115_134530.jpg

    I wish the lighting was better so the shadows weren't so bad, maybe if you have some photoshop skills you could take care of it.
    David Proehl

  4. #4
    Guy with a DeLorean Mark D's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Stevens Point,WI

    Posts:    2,169

    My VIN:    6125

    IN!

    Here are a few from this year of 6125. If you need higher resolution I'd be happy to email them to you.

    More in my album here:
    http://dmctalk.org/album.php?albumid=240

    Hopefully there is one in here you like :-)







  5. #5
    Guy with a DeLorean Mark D's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Stevens Point,WI

    Posts:    2,169

    My VIN:    6125

    Couple more from a different day, similar location.




  6. #6
    Senior Member jwrayth's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2012

    Location:  UK

    Posts:    207

    My VIN:    4494

    Club(s):  





    Some I got recently at a track event, with more available here.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Michael Babb's Avatar
    Join Date:  Aug 2012

    Location:  Wellington New Zealand

    Posts:    231

    My VIN:    3472 (former), 1141

    Club(s):   (RMDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Hey Michael,

    Glad to see you're doing the calendar again. I have at least one I took this season I really like, but will give others a chance as I've had a photo in your calendar a couple times before.

    I will say, from this 2008 calendar cover page, boy does the car ever look nice when you take a picture of it with the doors CLOSED. Strange sort of because I can't think of a lot of times I have taken pictures of my car where I left the doors closed. Gives me a new idea to go find some nice angles with it just like this. Sweet.

    Hope you're enjoying Colorado. I lived in Colorado Springs years ago when we were commissioning some equipment at the Intel facility near Garden of the Gods park (the plant is now closed I think I heard). Hard to find a more beautiful part of the world than that place.
    Thanks Jonathan - I am enjoying being back on CO - will be interesting to see what my kids think once we start getting some snow.

    Please feel free to send over more pictures! I am usually short on high quality images, so would welcome anything that you have and want considered. I would be exstatic if I got enough pictures for more than 1 calendar - one for BTTF cars only? One for painted D's? I for the stainless cars? I hate to think how much work that would be to put them all together, but think that would be awesome.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Michael Babb's Avatar
    Join Date:  Aug 2012

    Location:  Wellington New Zealand

    Posts:    231

    My VIN:    3472 (former), 1141

    Club(s):   (RMDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    Here is my favorite photo of my car from the past year...

    Touched up:
    Golden Gate.jpg

    Original:
    20131115_134707.jpg

    Another couple good angles from that day, untouched:
    20131115_134524.jpg20131115_134530.jpg

    I wish the lighting was better so the shadows weren't so bad, maybe if you have some photoshop skills you could take care of it.
    Thanks David! I can play with the shadows and highlights a bit and see if we can get that to pop a bit more. Do you happen to have these pictures in a higher resolution? I am afraid that they may not scale properly, but I will give it a try and let you know if I am able to use them.

    Would you mind sending me a PM with your email address. I would also be interested in VIN, months and year of the car, and your location to add to the picture for the calendar.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Michael Babb's Avatar
    Join Date:  Aug 2012

    Location:  Wellington New Zealand

    Posts:    231

    My VIN:    3472 (former), 1141

    Club(s):   (RMDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    IN!

    Here are a few from this year of 6125. If you need higher resolution I'd be happy to email them to you.

    More in my album here:
    http://dmctalk.org/album.php?albumid=240

    Hopefully there is one in here you like :-)
    Love the sunset pictures! My recommendation - pick the one that you like the most and let's see if I can use that one. I would rather use your favorite instead of picking my favorite. You can send that to mcbabb@gmail.com. I see VIN 6125, but would also like to have month and year of the build and your location to add to the calendar.

    Thanks!

  10. #10
    Senior Member Michael Babb's Avatar
    Join Date:  Aug 2012

    Location:  Wellington New Zealand

    Posts:    231

    My VIN:    3472 (former), 1141

    Club(s):   (RMDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by jwrayth View Post

    Some I got recently at a track event, with more available here.
    Thanks as well! I always love seeing submissions from locations outside of the US.

    Same goes - can you pick 1 or 2 that are your favorites to send to me? mcbabb@gmail.com Would also like your first and last name, year, month, VIN and location.

    Michael

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •