FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Annoyances

My VIN:    03254

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    Dan - I forgot about the speedo. +1 on the annoyance. I must say it's effective though to eliminate speeding - I never go over 85 mph because I'm afraid it will break!!! At least it can be fixed and kept 100% stock! I considered the metric cluster like most Canadian cars have with the 240 Km/h speedo.

WelmodJ - I agree, a lot e are fixable issues and not annoyances inherent to the nature of the car.
    Blow past 85 with impunity... not that I advocate speeding... but I can promise that I "peg the needle" virtually everytime my car leaves the garage... did it today on a twisty road where the speed limit is 45... you will NOT break the speedometer.

Side note yes the rear of the car wants to lead, but that can be controlled through smart steering and throttle control. I think with the right tires the Delorean might make a pretty good drift car.

But my annoyance's would be the would 85 mph speedo and the inaccurate fuel gauge and I am running a tankzilla.

Dan

DeLorean Driver

My VIN:    2638

Quote Originally Posted by dhaney View Post
    Blow past 85 with impunity... not that I advocate speeding... but I can promise that I "peg the needle" virtually everytime my car leaves the garage... did it today on a twisty road where the speed limit is 45... you will NOT break the speedometer.
    Dan

Same here, though mine did break and I have not bothered fixing it... don't really plan on it either
    Still rocking the Ducellier

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    You're right, 08087 posed a question and it didn't specify the type of annoyances.

Since it was a little vague (not that there's anything wrong with that!) it was interpreted differently by everyone.

My personal understanding (not that I'm saying I'm correct) was he posed a question to get a better understanding of a car he WANTS to own down the road, to get a better understanding of the subjective and objective "annoyances" of the car. If I were to say my flat tire yesterday or cracked windshield annoyed me, it wouldn't provide him with any valuable information about DeLorean ownership. However, annoyances with things like fuel pump noise, exhaust note and rear visibility would.

Having said that, there is no wrong answer. Those of us who said an annoyance could be fixed were merely reinforcing and encouraging that possibility for 08087 and the owner.

No one has done anything wrong.
    Pretty much!

I worded my question (open ended ) as I did to get more responses and I think it worked out pretty well.

The poster above nailed it pretty well, I'm looking to buy and want to know about things that are "wrong" with a Delorean that you cannot fix or at least cost a bundle to fix. If a wheel wobble in the rear is inherent to a car and there is no fix available, I would stay away no matter how much I liked the look. If a car flexed so much that the windshield cracked under stress once a yr. I'd again stay away from that car.

Thanks to all, there is nothing I can say (in the quark/annoyance dept.) will keep me from following my dream of Delorean ownership.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7