FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Annoyances

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    I thought this thread was about general annoyances. I'm generally annoyed with the leg room and the horn. I don't care if JZD was 7' tall I'm still annoyed with the leg room.
    My point was "if" the car was designed for a relatively tall man, the leg room should not be a problem for the avg. man, hence the reason I said "I don't know how tall you are". You can be annoyed and I thank you for your opinion, I just wanted to explore your reasoning a bit more. As for my comment on the horn being an easy or quick fix I figure although it may very well be an annoyance it is an easy one to take care of, as me being not very handy could dop it with my eyes almost closed. If you want let me know and I'll do it for you.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by 08087 View Post
    . If you want let me know and I'll do it for you.
    I'll be sure to pm you when the moment arises.
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    These are all minor annoyances at best:

2. Backing into a parking space with no other cars as guides means I'm almost always on a line and thusly "that guy." In the end I either readjust or pull in forwards.
    Whenever I'm parking in a tight spot I always pop open and take a peek out - best visibility ever... I think having the door open may help other impatient drivers see me easier so they are less likely to barrel through and hit me - they may run over some pedestrian while gawking at my door being up, but they don't hit me, which is what really matters.

My list:

Marginal AC
    shrinking fascias
    Harsh shifting in the automatic when up to full temperature
    Stiff clutch in the 5 speed

And to anyone complaining about leg room - obviously this is your karmic payback... Statistically you make more money, you had first choice of all the girls, you have the best view at the parade, and your better at basketball. If feeling cramped is the only price you pay, I'll take two of your vertabra off your hands...
    Last edited by TTait; 08-03-2011 at 10:22 PM.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

People who spell brake "break" and pedal "peddle."

Yes, it's a DeLorean annoyance because I have only seen it on DMCTalk!

Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post

Another thing is the smell. I haven't been in another D in about 9 years and I don't remember what it's supposed to smell like. It just smells musky, but not necessarily in a bad way. It's just strong and it annoys me that I smell like the car after riding in it.
    Get a box of fridge sized baking soda and leave it in your car with the windows rolled up for a few weeks. Does wonders.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

Not in charge....luckily for you Renee_1632's Avatar

My VIN:    01632

-the fact that mere days after I fix one dehabilitating issue, another arises.
    -squeaky wheel
    -the inability to raise the seat. Before I got new seats, I had to sit on a pillow since I'm short
    -an unsettling engine-sounds-like-it's-going-to-fall-out sound when I go over a speedbump.
    -the velcro sticky on the RH kneepad and dash.

On the opposite spectrum of "Annoyances" I absolutely LOVE that the parking brake is on the left side. I'm severely left handed and in other cars sometimes I have to reach over to release it with my left hand.
    Renee

VIN 1632

You know you're a DeLorean owner when "Run DMC" is not an 80's band, but a daily prayer.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

The word Delorian.

My VIN:    05141

I'm lucky with a very good mechanical Delorean in a very good condition. I almost love its history more than the car itself.
    But after the 5 years I have my Delorean, 2 things bug me too;

-Stiff clutch
    -My steering wheel vibrates when braking at more than 55 MpH. I changed the steering rack, brakes,... still does that, but not as bad as in the beginning. It gives me the unsafe feeling the car might not be able to stop. Everytime a car in front of me brakes hard, it scares the sh... out of me.
    -Windshieldwhipers are more or less vibrating too, but I hardly ever drive in the rain, so I do not care. I have rain X just in case.

But hey, she's 30 years old, I forgive her
    John

John

My VIN:    06513

Club(s):   (DCN)

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    I thought this thread was about general annoyances. I'm generally annoyed with the leg room and the horn. I don't care if JZD was 7' tall I'm still annoyed with the leg room.
    Replace the horn for a loud one (they are available) and your horn troubles are gone.

I suppose your seat is all the way back already, otherwise you wouldn't complain about leg room.
    You could try the Fred Flintstone setup, though
    Welmoed
    Black D 1981-11 sold
    Toyota Prius III 2009-07 (sold)
    Mazda MX-30 (BEV) 2020-09

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by WelmoedJ View Post
    Replace the horn for a loud one (they are available) and your horn troubles are gone.

I suppose your seat is all the way back already, otherwise you wouldn't complain about leg room.
    You could try the Fred Flintstone setup, though
    Naw, Ill keep the wimpy horns so when someone else asks me what annoys me about the car I can say horns. Then we can have spirited debate about what annoys me shouldn't annoy me.
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast