FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Door Popper / Anti-Theft Mods?

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Sounds like your back to the drawing board here. Dont act like such a victim you dissed a product now your upset that people are not taking your side. Just as everyone said, Toby puts together some cool and innovative products for our cars. If its not up to your standards then go a different route, but there are no other drop in kits that do similar.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Seriously guys, knock it off. If you have a problem with the way anything is handled, PM me or an admin. I'm done with this thread, and asked for it to be locked (PM'ing an admin and reporting my own post mind you) 4.5 hours ago. Frankly, I'm out of ideas since you can't lock or delete your own thread.

And just for the record: I still have no fucking clue how the first response to this thread was either warranted nor called for, and why everyone seems to be backing him up.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

I'd read Tom's post (#2). It sums things up quite nicely.

And Toby is awesome. Thats why we are backing him up.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I'd read Tom's post (#2). It sums things up quite nicely.

And Toby is awesome. Thats why we are backing him up.

Look, two things: 1) I made this thread so that the other would be abandoned (which, I repeat, has been somewhere lost in the moderation cue for FIVE hours now), and 2) I honestly haven't a goddamn clue why everyone just went off on me for no apparent reason like they did right after my first post starting the thread. All I said was I wanted an alternative to Wings-A-Loft, and suddenly it turned into a flame war (that same post you mention) against me for even daring to think of a different option. Excuse the french, but what the fuck warranted THAT kind of a response?! I've said this once and I'll say it again, I never dissed his product! Period! As I've said, I've seen it work, and I'm sure it's a great product, but it's not my cup of tea. Why the bloody hell did this suddenly get ridiculously personal against Toby? Dude, I never even mentioned him by name or anything, and never dissed the product. So I said it looked like an 80's radioshack with quick-connectors. That's how I honestly saw it when I first gazed eyes upon it. It wasn't an insult or a diss or anything, that's legitimately how I viewed it. WTF?!

Do us all a favor: to ANYONE looking to post in support of DMC NW and perpetuate this unwarranted and uncalled-for shitstorm, STFU and GTFO of these two threads. After all this that started with just asking if there were alternatives, I'll make one my own goddamn self if I have to, but I sure as hell am NOT buying Wings-A-Loft. Good lord, you people are impossible!

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Shep,

fwiw, the mods are rarely monitoring every post, so they probably won't have seen your request. Probably best to PM them - DeLorean03 and/or Soundkillr
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Shep,

fwiw, the mods are rarely monitoring every post, so they probably won't have seen your request. Probably best to PM them - DeLorean03 and/or Soundkillr
    I did. Five hours ago. And reported my own posts too, to no avail. If you know either of their email addresses, shoot me a PM -- the one I have for DeLorean03 is way out of date and no longer active.

EDIT: And I do want to give a message to Toby, in case he's reading all of this: it's nothing personal against you or your business etc. etc., I was simply curious as to the alternatives. Have no clue how this place became such shark-infested waters in the year I was gone, but that kind of following has me thinking better of joining it. Best of luck to you on your endeavors.
    Last edited by Shep; 09-09-2014 at 01:11 PM.

DeLorean Historian / Administrator Tamir A.'s Avatar

My VIN:    11474

Shep, contrary to what you may believe, the users and moderators of this site are not at your beck and call, same goes to anyone else on here who believes that is the case. This forum is supposed to self moderate for the most part, though that becomes less and less do-able when people become aggressive.

I've read this thread and will send you my comments in a PM, but for the most part, less aggression would be preferred. You even had a vendor respond to your post and you still couldn't figure out a way to conduct your responses in a way that didn't seem inflammatory.

This thread is closed, if anyone has an interest in offering advice to Shep can do so at his new thread: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?10...pper-Solutions
    Fan of all things DeLorean!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2