FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Anti-Theft / Door Popper Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    That's the same time as my system was installed by DMC GG (DMC CA is the modern Houston affiliate/shop, DMC GG was the precursor of DeLorean Motor Center of Garden Grove that was started by the two Dons and evolved into what is now knows as DMC CA, but is firmly of the Don Steger era when called as such). I've seen the cars with the door kickers (poppers, launchers, or whatever you choose to call them) that Don installed. I don't know if Don started installing the secondary solenoids again, but when I asked him he said that he stopped installing them since they were not needed. He just would click the torsion bar one-extra notch. So the VPA system that I described to you in my car and sent the link on is the exact same system that the other owner is referencing.
    Thanks for the info! Much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by wrkey View Post
    So.. if you use a smart phone to drive the system... perhaps you can also load it with the Google Maps and the Fluc Capacitor apps and then mount the phone where it is visiable by the drive.

Thus you get the popper, security (calls you when a break in occurs), a GPS and the time travel capability!!!!!!

Oh.. and perhaps it could make the 'pppssshhhhhhh' noise when the door opens too!!!!

Just a few suggestions!

Just wanted to post this bit:

I was emailing Misty back and forth on this one, and all I have to say is that her commitment to the trade is marvelous. I was literally up at 2 AM this morning (my cat got sick, and just did again...), and while I was up, she sends me an email with part numbers and everything. I quickly looked at their site, asked one additional question expecting to wait until the morning, and she responded right back! Good lord, I know it's 11 PM her time, but I actually had to tell her to get some rest for her to not respond, seriously.

She reminds me of DPI Josh with regards to responding to inquiries whenever -- do either of them ever get any sleep??? Good night of living, I've never gotten an email from someone in the US at 2 in the morning for something that she herself said was not an immediate attention issue (which I totally agree with). Major, major props to Misty, talk about customer service!!!

Anyways, as per her recommendation, I ordered the door latch actuators, the trunk actuator, and the door lock actuator. The rest I'll figure out how to wire up and will keep everyone posted. Hasn't shipped yet (their delivery courier doesn't have the same customer-attentive schedule that she does evidently ), but will soon.

My VIN:    6585

Good luck with the install, and I hope your cat feels better.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    Good luck with the install, and I hope your cat feels better.
    Thanks (x2!)

Just ordered me a new phone, so it should arrive tomorrow and I can go from there. About time I got an upgrade! Looking into RF solutions now, hopefully I can source a circuit that flips different transistors based on what the RFID signal is, and I can replace the physical buttons with the transistors. Cell battery would remain intact to be used by the RF transmitter, but would require no other dependencies.

And a side note: I might be able to increase range via the fender antenna, since I no longer have a radio and it goes unused. I'll look into that option to see what I can pull off.

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    Thanks (x2!)

Just ordered me a new phone, so it should arrive tomorrow and I can go from there. About time I got an upgrade! Looking into RF solutions now, hopefully I can source a circuit that flips different transistors based on what the RFID signal is, and I can replace the physical buttons with the transistors. Cell battery would remain intact to be used by the RF transmitter, but would require no other dependencies.

And a side note: I might be able to increase range via the fender antenna, since I no longer have a radio and it goes unused. I'll look into that option to see what I can pull off.
    Not a problem.

The nice thing about the DeLorean with it comes to RF is it's design that doesn't attenuate the signal as much. Back when gasoline was much, MUCH cheaper, I used to take mine out Wardriving. Using just a G4 MacBook Pro at the time and no external antennas, I would consistently get more hits and stronger signals on known APs in the DeLorean every single time. I don't know if it's the properties of the stainless, lack of a Faraday Cage thanks to the fiberglass underbody, or the lack of paint which may have added additional insulation/attenuation if my car had it, but the RF reception was always better inside of my DeLorean than any other car.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7