FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Brakes require pumping to work.

My VIN:    5786, 3196

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by PB Co View Post
    How many versions of the same club do I have to join to find out about a tech day? Says the guy who just discovered it was last weekend and his only Sat off this month. Come-on! Lol.
    I know that we've stopped using the yahoo group in favor of the Google group. My fiance is the communications officer, so I'm kept up to date on the different forms of communication in the club lol. It wasn't an official DMA event, so it wasn't publicized as much as the SS or FFT for example. If you're in the Google group, you may need to change the email notification settings to make sure you are notified of everything.

It sounds like your braking issue is similar to the one my friend's car has. If you do get it figured out, please post the solution. I'll try tondo the same if we get his car figured out first

My VIN:    4245

Quote Originally Posted by dmruschell View Post
    I know that we've stopped using the yahoo group in favor of the Google group. My fiance is the communications officer, so I'm kept up to date on the different forms of communication in the club lol. It wasn't an official DMA event, so it wasn't publicized as much as the SS or FFT for example. If you're in the Google group, you may need to change the email notification settings to make sure you are notified of everything.

It sounds like your braking issue is similar to the one my friend's car has. If you do get it figured out, please post the solution. I'll try tondo the same if we get his car figured out first
    You'll likely get to it before I do, I was hoping for a tech day lol. My plan was to rebuild the calipers and go from there.

I just joined this year, we all met at the first spring social. I was the guy in the vest and was not yet an owner. I'll look into my group settings in gmail but I do get the regular DMA email blasts. I think I'm the only one here on this forum who uses the DMA section. I didn't even join the Today forums. Please let me know if anything is coming up, I would really like to be a part of the club but it's difficult to know about secret unofficial events, you know?

Yep, I wasn't signed up for the google group. Sorry about that. I will check there from now on.

My VIN:    Vin 11753 ex Vin 11766, 11622

Club(s):   (ADOA) (DCH)

A friend had a long term issue with brakes after changing his master, turns out the seal supplied with the master was incorrect causing vac leak
    Put the old seal back on problem solved
    Al Vanstone
    Vin 11753 - Kuwait
    Ex Vin 11766 - Dubai
    Ex Vin 11622 - Culloden Auction

www.deloreanclub.co.uk
    As seen on The One Show, Channel 5, Discovery, Britains Greatest Machines and of course Wheeler Dealers!
    Want to know about balljoint failure.. look here http://www.deloreaneurotec.co.uk/for...hp?f=13&t=2198

Quote Originally Posted by A Van View Post
    A friend had a long term issue with brakes after changing his master, turns out the seal supplied with the master was incorrect causing vac leak
    Put the old seal back on problem solved
    Good tip, didn't realize that was a possibility. I'll be sure to check there as well. Thanks.

My VIN:    5786, 3196

So I just spent the weekend at my friend's place rebuilding his calipers. He wanted to painted them, so we painted them, but much of the paint was immediately washed off while trying to install them. I wouldn't recommend it if anyone else thinks of doing that during a rebuild lol.

We got them rebuilt and back on the car. the pedal feels more firm. I'm not 100% sure they're bled completely, as we were running low on fluid and may have possibly sucked in air from the reservoir. It made a sucking noise while bleeding the fronts, even though the reservoir still had fluid in it. We didn't go back and bleed the rear because we were only jacking up either the front or the rear and were worn out by that time. But, the pedal felt much firmer with the car off.

When it came time to test the brakes out, his car wouldn't start. I'll update this thread when I find out how the brakes are doing.
    -Derrin

5786: DPI cams and cat-less exhaust, galvanized and powder coated manual frame for a proper 5-speed conversion

3196 - My wife's DeLorean: DMCH new build, DPI rebuilt engine with performance cams and exhaust

1956 Oldsmobile Super 88
    1960 Chevrolet Impala
    1961 Corvette
    1972 Buick Skylark GS 455 Clone
    1975 Corvette (to be sold once restored)
    1976 Corvette (wife's car)
    1979 Corvette Daily Driver
    1987 Corvette (technically wife's car)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2