FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Troubles today

My VIN:    6272 10638 17158

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Well, can't say it's my problem forsure, but indeed needs attention, new filter = filthy, not sure I'll be able to clean it, really didn't like this style from the beginning, what came out of the car had a hard shell.
    my pressure line from the pump to the hard line on the car, would appear perhaps a bend in the line cracked the inner liner and allowed a tumor or two if you will between it and the outer rubber
    Tank if completely dry, plan to clean it out tomorrow, believe acetone was recommended

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Gfrank View Post
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Well, can't say it's my problem forsure, but indeed needs attention, new filter = filthy, not sure I'll be able to clean it, really didn't like this style from the beginning, what came out of the car had a hard shell.
    my pressure line from the pump to the hard line on the car, would appear perhaps a bend in the line cracked the inner liner and allowed a tumor or two if you will between it and the outer rubber
    Tank if completely dry, plan to clean it out tomorrow, believe acetone was recommended
    The filter isn't all that dirty but it does have some dirt on it. It is cleanable. As for the tank, yes, Acetone is what to use to melt any residue. Use plenty of ventilation and wipe it as clean as you can with plenty of paper towels.
    David Teitelbaum

Spring worked stunning! Thanks, all clean, back together. Took it for a quick rip, only about 10-15min, seems to run great, almost peppier. How ever once or twice at a stop my idle was again a bit high 1400ish, but then other times just perfect?

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Gfrank View Post
    Spring worked stunning! Thanks, all clean, back together. Took it for a quick rip, only about 10-15min, seems to run great, almost peppier. How ever once or twice at a stop my idle was again a bit high 1400ish, but then other times just perfect?
    If the spring fix worked you had a pick-up hose that was either collapsing or kinked starving the fuel pump and hte motor for fuel. The high idle is a different problem. See if you have a lot of play in the ends of the quadrant link. It goes between the throttle spool and throttle arm. Make sure when the throttle arm is at idle it sets the idle micro.
    David Teitelbaum

In Theroy yes, but both problems showed up at the same moment, micro switch is clicking on, linkage is fine and tight Sticking idle motor perhaps? Completely random, one stop its fine next its up

Just wanted to finish the thread up for people searching in the future, went through all my throttle linkages again, and that's when I noticed the plug for my mixture screw had fallen out and went god knows where. Put a make shift one in for the time being as a order a new one. Took her a few miles to become
    Happy again, but knock on wood all is great!.... For this week lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2