FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anyone want to put a sign on your car that says "wait til you stop to take pictures"?

My VIN:    16893

Exclamation Anyone want to put a sign on your car that says "wait til you stop to take pictures"?

Anyone else want to put a sign on your car that says "wait til you stop driving to take pictures"? Today on the way to work I had a swerving in and out of his lane behind me trying to take pictures, and another guy trying to take a picture while taking merging into the left turn lane. I enjoy that they like the car, but I'm afraid they are going to crash into me or someone else. Anyone else see this a lot?

My VIN:    4534

Yep, it happens all the time. It makes me very nervous. I'm glad tourist season is ending here. They were especially bad about this.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

Yep that happens a Lot.
    The first weekend after I bought my car, I was sitting at a red light when the car next to me was hit from behind, Hard.
    I still wonder what the hitters attention was focused on. I've become even More attentive about what's going on around me since then.

George
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

A common occurrence...

I too had an incident the day I picked up the car where a guy almost sideswiped me on the interstate while trying to take a picture while driving at 65+ mph.
    More recently two ladies in a car next to me almost rear-ended the car in front of them because they were looking at my car and not where they were going. Needless to say they were embarrassed and I just smiled at them... That gave them a laugh.

Nowadays, I have my Spidey-sense on full blast when I'm driving just to look out for the idiots out there.
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

My VIN:    01955

Quote Originally Posted by mluder View Post

Nowadays, I have my Spidey-sense on full blast when I'm driving just to look out for the idiots out there.
    Haha! I do as well, Always nervous when I take mine out on the road.

There's a Youtube video of a Delorean gathering in Sydney where a Suzuki Swift was not paying attention on the freeway, losing control and hitting one of the Deloreans. He/she must had been trying to take a photo of the convoy.

My VIN:    3937

Yes. Something like this happens every time I take the car out. It's arguably the biggest reason why I don't drive my car very much.

Ditto on tourist season making it worse (I live in a beach/cottage town). Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Smartphone cameras encourage this picture taking DeLaparazzi crap unfortunately.

Everyone's looking for the next big thing to go viral, and they'd love it to be them. Kind of f%&ked IMO, because if you look up the definition of viral, you'll realize it's more related to a sickness than anything glamorous.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    17082

Club(s):   (DOI)

For the most part I find people just want to take a picture and then carry on. I don't generally have a problem in the city because there is too much traffic, it's on the highway where you get problems. I tend to drive a little slower than the majority of the traffic, that way people come up behind me and are a little less "surprised" to see a DeLorean. They disappear into my blind spot for a minute or so, take some pictures, then carry on. I find it's more when you're passing people that they tend to go "OMG, A DELOREAN!!!", then they need to speed up, go around, etc. etc. to get a picture.
    - Devon

83 Canadian Spec - Manual, Grey, Fixed Pulls, Flat Hood

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by LordFly View Post
    For the most part I find people just want to take a picture and then carry on. I don't generally have a problem in the city because there is too much traffic, it's on the highway where you get problems. I tend to drive a little slower than the majority of the traffic, that way people come up behind me and are a little less "surprised" to see a DeLorean. They disappear into my blind spot for a minute or so, take some pictures, then carry on. I find it's more when you're passing people that they tend to go "OMG, A DELOREAN!!!", then they need to speed up, go around, etc. etc. to get a picture.
    My method of avoidance is the exact opposite on the highway. I'm usually doing 5-10 faster than most people on the road so even if they are like "OMG A DELOREAN" they're already in my rear view mirror. 99% of people aren't going to do 20 over the speed limit to try and catch me and take a picture. By the time they even think to get their camera out I'm gone.

Tom's extended convex side view mirrors are also a huge help for anyone who might try to linger in your blind spot. You basically get a 180 degree view behind you with almost zero blind spot.
    http://www.deloreana.com/
    Last edited by Mark D; 09-19-2014 at 10:45 AM.

My VIN:    4245

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    My method of avoidance is the exact opposite on the highway. I'm usually doing 5-10 faster than most people on the road so even if they are like "OMG A DELOREAN" they're already in my rear view mirror. 99% of people aren't going to do 20 over the speed limit to try and catch me and take a picture. By the time they even think to get their camera out I'm gone.
    I love this reasoning but now I feel like a dangerous slow poke.

I have this problem in manhattan a lot. People speed up to stay next to me or slow down to stay next to me slowing every one behind them down.

Have had people try to get closer to try to yell something at me. have had drivers whipping out their camera phones and not looking at the road ahead of them and veering into my lane. Also happens on the highway. Have to be super alert with these idiots endangering themselves and everyone around them.

I also tend to stay in the slow lane on the highway seems to be better than passing people who try and catch up.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast