FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: 5-Speed Manual / Grey Interior in or around So Cal

My VIN:    6472

5-Speed Manual / Grey Interior in or around So Cal

Looking to purchase a car in the 17-22k price range. Ideally a car in original condition that's been driven and maintained, but not high mileage, something between 15k and 40k miles. Stainless body panels should be in excellent condition and a rust-free frame. Not looking for a resto project, or a customized car (chromed wheels, turbocharged, etc.) Mechanical upgrades like the fuel pump/sender, alternator, stainless lines and coolant bottle are more than welcome of course. In fact, the more the better.

I would prefer a late 81 model, an Oct 81 build would actually be the sweet spot for a couple reasons: A good majority of them were 5-speeds with grey interiors. And they also have my absolute fav combination of hood style, wheels, craig radio, digital clock, early pullstrap, etc. This is only a preference of course, I wouldn't turn down a good deal if it had only a few of these things.

Willing to travel but would prefer to buy locally (california). I like to see the car in person before I make a purchase. And yes, I've already checked in with DMC-CA. Planning on using the car as a semi-daily driver, it will be driven and maintained, this car will not be sitting, you can rest assured it's going to a good home. We've had a DeLorean in the family before, but it's been a good twenty years since then (true story).

I've been a reader of these forums for years (since the .com days) and to say I've learned a lot would be an understatement, and soon hopefully I can contribute something back to the forum as well.
    Please send a private message if you have an applicable car for sale. If you are a Guest, please leave either an e-mail or phone, otherwise I would be unable to respond back.

Thank you!
    Greg
    Last edited by Gregadeth; 04-15-2014 at 03:57 PM.

Update: Can now go up to $25k for the right car. California (supposed DeLorean capital of the world) let's see what you got!

Delorean

Are you still looking for a Delorean. I have a nice 81 5 speed, grey interior one I am getting ready to list.

If so, send me an email

Jason Sharkey
    [email protected]

E-mail sent

Delorean

Please let me know if you got the email I sent you. It said it was undeliverable.

You just KNOW this is going to be another Time Machine conversion from the spec requested :-)

Haha as much as I love BTTF, I definitely won't be doing that.

My VIN:    4159

I have a nice September 81 model that I will let go for 30k. PM me if interested.