FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Cold start valve

Cold start valve

Hi a weird problem I have to turn the key on and off then on to get the cold start to fire gasoline. I just put in a new thermo time switch.. does it matter on the cold start 2wire where they go on the cold start switch itself? I measured
    The new thermo switch and 1 side is 30 ohms and the other side gnd, so I matched up gnd from the cold start valve wires to purple gnd and connected the 2. whadda think?

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
    Hi a weird problem I have to turn the key on and off then on to get the cold start to fire gasoline. I just put in a new thermo time switch.. does it matter on the cold start 2wire where they go on the cold start switch itself? I measured
    The new thermo switch and 1 side is 30 ohms and the other side gnd, so I matched up gnd from the cold start valve wires to purple gnd and connected the 2. whadda think?
    If you hook up the thermotime switch backwards it will immediately burn out the switch contacts. At that point it's junk. The two wires on the cold start valve don't matter, but the two on the switch are a killer.

PS you don't measure across the TTS with the ohm meter, you measure from each pin to ground. One pin will read about 40 ohms to ground, the other will read dead short if cold and open if warm.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Thermotime switch

Well I put the switch wire from the cold start ground wire to ground pin on the time switch how can I tell which is the correct wire for the setup? The cold start wires are connected together via a plastic connector.