FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone installed the Power Pump fuel pump?

I'm probably going to end up with the DMC on myself. I just find it a little challenging that it's almost double the cost of almost all other set ups. It's the only one that I know of that will do everything I want, so I don't see another option, I would just like it better at $350.

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

The price is definitely significantly higher than it should be, especially for the unreasonably small warranty that comes with it, but initial check valve problems aside the unit seems to be fairly solid. I've had one of them in my car since mid-2012. It's internal check valve failed, but Houston made it right. No problems since.
    - Chris

what

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    The price is definitely significantly higher than it should be, especially for the unreasonably small warranty that comes with it, but initial check valve problems aside the unit seems to be fairly solid. I've had one of them in my car since mid-2012. It's internal check valve failed, but Houston made it right. No problems since.
    I guess when you have exclusivity and have what's supposed to be the best product, you can charge whatever you want. I'm also all about free enterprise and great margins, but like you said, its significantly higher than it should be......But, I need it, they have it, so they win.

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

I have Hervey's fuel pump/sending unit installed in my car. The only issue I have is the lack of a functioning fuel gauge.

fp.jpg

My VIN:    16409

Quote Originally Posted by bytes311 View Post
    I have Hervey's fuel pump/sending unit installed in my car. The only issue I have is the lack of a functioning fuel gauge.
    What is your opinion on the pump itself. You can buy it separately for like $129 which is a good deal.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

My VIN:    5625

Quote Originally Posted by bytes311 View Post

fp.jpg
    What's going on with you fuel gauge? Does it have a low fuel indicator?
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

My VIN:    6235

So I've had a bouncy fuel gauge for a while in my car. Would replacing this fuel pump/sending unit help this?

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by spedlot View Post
    So I've had a bouncy fuel gauge for a while in my car. Would replacing this fuel pump/sending unit help this?
    It takes a very slow filter to stop a bouncy fuel gauge. The Tankzilla did a pretty good job but the best way to filter it is with software using a micro-processor which I think the new DMC pump/gauge uses.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    It takes a very slow filter to stop a bouncy fuel gauge. The Tankzilla did a pretty good job but the best way to filter it is with software using a micro-processor which I think the new DMC pump/gauge uses.
    Yes, and it's probably 5-10 minute averaging (I really don't know for sure). It's interesting to fill the tank with the new one with the engine running. When you shut it off the circuit resets, but if you fill the tank with the engine running it takes a long time to show full.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    Yes, and it's probably 5-10 minute averaging (I really don't know for sure). It's interesting to fill the tank with the new one with the engine running. When you shut it off the circuit resets, but if you fill the tank with the engine running it takes a long time to show full.
    Not that we would know that since we don't break the law
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast