FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone installed the Power Pump fuel pump?

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Not that we would know that since we don't break the law
    I faked it by moving the arm manually. ...
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Trstno1 View Post
    What's going on with you fuel gauge? Does it have a low fuel indicator?
    The unit doesn't have a connector for the low fuel light indicator, just to the gauge. I haven't filled my tank above 2-3 gallons because I've been working on my car ever since I bought the fuel pump, so that could be why it doesn't register on the gauge.

www.deloreanautoparts.com

My VIN:    Have 8 D's will supply vin's later.

Power pump

Quote Originally Posted by Back2thefuture View Post
    I am in the process of replacing the fuel pump and I was wondering if there are any suggestions as to whether I should stay with the DMC fuel pump kit
    (K111085A) does the SpecialTauto fuel pump Kit (K111085AST) with the "Fuel Pump Tank Pick Up Baffle Kit" (110085PK) make a good replacement.
    Any help or information on this would be appreciated.
    R U Looking at getting another pump for performance reasons, previous fail pump reasons or what. Once I some what tailor your reason with the pump you may find another a standard pump is better. If it's to have a spare then my drop in Export assy at $129.95 may be the better.

John Hervey

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 16409 View Post
    Does anybody have anything to say about Hervey's new DMCH-esque fuel pump. He sells it for $129 by itself. Sounds like a good deal. I like the fact that it has stainless fittings on top instead of plastic.
    Chris, #1, Mine and others are all made in China and I'm not the biggest fan of it also. I could have come out with it years ago but I preferred the original DeLorean design. I still stock and sell what I call the Euro design.
    Read further down.

DAP
    John Hervey

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 16409 View Post
    Nobody's used this yet?

Attachment 31147
    Chris,
    Keep in mind a lot of people still have a good sending unit and don't want to drop $420.00 for a fuel pump and another sending unit that had to be re calibrated to read correct which means more to go out if there is a problem.
    Then what do you do when it goes out and it's out of warranty.
    You can very well be the exception when it comes to money and what you can spend and want to do in your car.

I'm just offering another alternative.

John
    DAP

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    Yes, and it's probably 5-10 minute averaging (I really don't know for sure). It's interesting to fill the tank with the new one with the engine running. When you shut it off the circuit resets, but if you fill the tank with the engine running it takes a long time to show full.

Dave, Since were talking about the same China fuel pump system that you and I sell it reacts pretty fast to turning corners when your low on fuel and it acts fast when you fill up. Yes, It's a float system with life warranty and since it's stainless and virtually nothing to break or get gum ed up over time that you can't clean up yourself.
    I think with what I'm hearing and only one return out of going on 300 sold isn't bad. Beats what others have come out with in the past and what happens to gas with ethanol and varnish over time.
    Again, There is nothing perfect as long as were putting gas in the tank.

John
    DAP

Quote Originally Posted by Justin51982 View Post
    I saw it this weekend in a car that he is working on for a friend of mine who is planning on driving it from Dallas to NY, not sure how it works yet, but once the car is done I'm sure I can find out.
    Justin, I don't sell anything first with out testing it. I have been using the fuel pump in my car since I came out with it about 2 to 3 months ago and they have been used in certain cars for over 10+ years. So I'm not looking for a problem with the pumps. The only problem I have is that they are made in China as all of them on the market today DMCH included.

No problems to report at this time. When all of us go thru a good old Texas summer will be the telling time. Heat is our cars worst enemy. The company I buy the pumps from is one of the oldest and largest producers of fuel pump companies in China.

DAP
    John

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by bytes311 View Post
    The unit doesn't have a connector for the low fuel light indicator, just to the gauge. I haven't filled my tank above 2-3 gallons because I've been working on my car ever since I bought the fuel pump, so that could be why it doesn't register on the gauge.
    Since it doesn't have a light to tell you your out or low on gas I designed it to have between 2 to 3 gallons when it gets to empty. Personally I never trust a low indication of any kind on any of my family cars so I fill them up when they are low.
    I don't want to take a chance. But that's me. I know others that still add a dollars worth to ride around on even though it will barley get 1/2 gallon. http://dmctalk.org/images/icons/icon7.png

DAP John

My VIN:    16409

Quote Originally Posted by DAP John View Post
    Chris, #1, Mine and others are all made in China and I'm not the biggest fan of it also. I could have come out with it years ago but I preferred the original DeLorean design. I still stock and sell what I call the Euro design.
    Read further down.

DAP
    John Hervey
    John, my sending unit is fine, and I like the way it works. That's why your pump offering is attractive. I'd really like to get rid of all that rubber in the fuel tank. I've still got your rubber pump boots in my tank right now. As far as I know they haven't parished yet, but as you know our "gasahol" tends to eat up those boots.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

My VIN:    16409

Here's the fuel pump installed. I repurposed the old fuel pump top boot. The pump is very quite. It's very quiet when it primes. Just took it for a test drive. All seems to be good. I will be evaluating this pump to see how it works.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Here's what I did to connect to the original fuel pump harness. I did not want to cut out the original connector. Who knows I may by the DMCH pump at some point.

image.jpg

On a side note, here is OE style pump in the lower boot. Not quite sure why the boot split. I just think the whole OE fuel pump set up is "asinine" (if I can borrow one of Mr Delorean's favorite words). On the plus side, the boot wasn't all stickey and turn to mush.

image.jpg
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast