FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Time Machine in Kent, UK

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

Time Machine in Kent, UK

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ck-Future.html

Not exactly the finest time machine conversion in terms of authenticity - but they claim it was built by Universal? Who really did this one? I'm pretty sure it was neither Kevin Pike nor Danny Botkin.

Nice that he's using a time machine for benevolent purposes though.

Some parts are accurate some are not.

His little girl seems very happy.

Thanks for sharing.

Ed

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

Quote Originally Posted by TTait View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ck-Future.html

Not exactly the finest time machine conversion in terms of authenticity - but they claim it was built by Universal?
    I'll have you know that this IS a universal conversion.
    Steven got it off universal. He is currently replacing some of the props I a am buying back in the car that are worn out n damaged with fresh ones. Some parts of which I am making like his plutonium canisters etc.

This is an email from him telling me about it.

"I got my car from J ryan and sean Bishop who built it and was used by Universal for 2 years.
    There is no better time machine in Europe, im very proud to own it and we have made a few upgrades and kept it true to the original car"

Oh, and he is called Steven. Not just Steve.
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
    I'll have you know that this IS a universal conversion.
    Steven got it off universal. He is currently replacing some of the props I a am buying back in the car that are worn out n damaged with fresh ones. Some parts of which I am making like his plutonium canisters etc.

This is an email from him telling me about it.

"I got my car from J ryan and sean Bishop who built it and was used by Universal for 2 years.
    There is no better time machine in Europe, im very proud to own it and we have made a few upgrades and kept it true to the original car"

Oh, and he is called Steven. Not just Steve.

Please get your facts straight before you go posting nonsense like this. Yes, the car Steven owns was originally built by J Ryan and Sean Bishop, but it was never an official "Universal" conversion in any way, shape, or form. J was featured in an interview on the 25th anniversary DVD and he talked about building his car... That is the only affiliation to Universal this car has. J Ryan apparently fed Steven a bunch of bullshit prior to selling the car and Steven bought every word. I've seen several interviews where Steven continues to spew misinformation. Just google "Bttf DeLorean with knob in it" and you'll see what I mean. Steven has been banned from several online forums for continuing to make false claims about his car that are completely untrue. To add insult to injury, most of the rare and accurate parts were removed from the car prior to J shipping it to Steven anyway...

So "I'll have you know" this car IS NOT a universal conversion.

The only conversions done by universal were for the three films, and those cars are all very well documented in terms of what happened to them after filming. The only actual universal car in private hands is a Part III offroad car and is owned by the Shea's. All other claims of people owning Universal cars are 100% false.
    Last edited by Mark D; 10-02-2014 at 02:21 PM.

Boy Mark, you sure have an aggressive way of setting facts. This is not a trivia competition.
    Sorry for not being there and following this car from day one.

I am not intentionally misinforming people mark. I am just telling the story as it was explained to me by the person of the article.
    Hope I have not offended anybody here.

Thank you for your contribution.
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

My VIN:    6125

Sorry if I came off as agressive, but your "I'll have you know" statement came off as if you were an authority on the subject. Before stepping in to make such a statement I would think one would want to make sure they actually know the facts.

So as I said in my previous post, before you go correcting others on whether something is true or false, please fact check your information first. Otherwise (intentionally or not) you are spreading misinformation.

What bothers me the most about this car and Steven in particular is that he knows the truth about his car and yet he continues to tell people lies. At least it seems like he's using his car to help benefit other people, but I disagree with the way he purposefully and knowingly distorts the truth.
    Last edited by Mark D; 10-02-2014 at 02:41 PM.

My VIN:    5462

Club(s):   (DCH)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    What bothers me the most about this car and Steven in particular is that he knows the truth about his car and yet he continues to tell people lies. At least it seems like he's using his car to help benefit other people, but I disagree with the way he purposefully and knowingly distorts the truth.
    I think you'll find people have issues with this aspect too, AFAIK he runs a business, not a charity despite the impression he may give.

I understand it some of the charity claims are very wooly, perhaps not all, there are of course two sides to every story.

I Very occasionally hire my car for wedding work (mine's a stock car not BTTF) and I still get several people who, when I get chatting on the phone, drop into conversation that they had spoken to a chap called Stephen, and they were not bowled over by his business approach

Sadly, rightly or wrongly, this chap is now outcast from many forums in the UK as he has a rather unique skill of pissing people off, not good in a small comunity such as this.

J

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    All other claims of people owning Universal cars are 100% false.
    Well now... That's not quite true either. I owned a Universal car my friend. 10902 was owned by Universal Studios Hollywood for a dozen years - but it was kept stock, not converted to a Time Machine. I have copies of the registration paperwork showing it registered and titled to Universal Studios Hollywood. The car is currently owned by Ed Uding at DMC-EU.

Not a time machine - but a Universal car. I understand the spirit of your statement, and must concede that it is 95% accurate!

My VIN:    01955

Quote Originally Posted by SIMid View Post
    Lol!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast