FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Ed B selling an ebay item worth watching

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    If Rob does something with it, it'll be at best a clone engine. This as a inoperable show piece, so the block was completely empty in order to keep it light. No pistons, crank, cams, chains, anything. The manifolds on the outside *might* be worth something to make new castings of, but that's assuming they already include all of the bosses for vacuum lines.

The internals added by Ed later on were NOT original.
    Rob sold to Uding.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    4 Seater DMC24

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by TTait View Post
    DMC John raised a valid question about whether the frame was even appropriate for use in a car and suddenly they don't know anything about the cars or frames really... Sad.
    Yeah, I was surprised by his answer too, when suddenly he doesn't know anything about the frame. I'm not surprised it didn't sell - ~10k for something the seller knows nothing about, and doesn't provide pictures. Copied the question and answer below as the auction has now ended.

Q:

Hi Ed, You mentioned this frame was used in Press Tours and Automotive Expositions in 1979 and 1980 - when do you think this frame was built by GKN - early 1979 or before? Is it correct to be recommending it for installation in a car and safe road use if it was such an early frame that was intended for display purposes? Is there a frame number on it in the engine cradle? Thanks.

Oct-20-14

A:

Hi dmcjohn, Thank you for your inquiry. Please be advised as follows: As stated in this eBay auction description and the previous eBay auction description in which this Factory Original Frame – Part #108723 was offered with several ancillary parts attached thereto, the item is inaccessible. Therefore, I cannot provide answers to your questions… I have no real history on eBay item #400791226401 beyond that which was outlined in “DeLorean, Stainless Steel Illusion” by John Lamm, Senior Editor of Road and Track. You are from Ireland and it appears that you may be well versed on the history of DeLorean Motor Cars. Nevertheless, the DeLorean websites on the internet are full of false information and opinion by those who have nothing to do but post and profess knowledge. As an example: The internet comments posted regarding the DeLorean Motor Company IHI Twin-Turbo display describe it as a “Hollow Shell”. The last time I saw that engine it had been driven several thousand miles and had been driven at a speeds of in excess of 145mph. You are far more informed about the establishment of the John DeLorean’s Company than I am and I know nothing about who manufactured the DeLorean automobile frames, when they were put into production, and any numbers affixed thereto. Perhaps the frame has a specific numbered identity and perhaps it does not. The frame will sell. To my knowledge, there is not another New DeLorean Factory Original Frame #108723 available in the entire world. Please check any research sources available to you regarding the number of the frames used in the initial marketing programs and advise me. As I understand, the factory made about 500 vehicles to perfect employee training and research. I find it hard to believe they would have their employee training personnel work on anything that was not production oriented for safety and reliability. Good luck in the bidding. Regards, miillieone

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3