FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ed B selling an ebay item worth watching

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Does he expect the buyer to dig it out for themselves?
    It's entirely possible he can't afford to hire someone to move the stuff around in the storage unit until he gets the cash for the frame... Maybe he is flat broke?

Usually realizing something like this would make me feel bad for a person. This is a moral dilemma. Sure he was a jerk but...

Oh, look! Big Bang Theory is on - Sorry Ed - no sympathy. Gotta go.
    Last edited by TTait; 10-13-2014 at 11:16 PM.

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    It is not public as to exactly what Ed B sold. There is a shop that claims to have bought something of Ed's but it doesn't appear to be that he sold the business so much as some of the assets. They are trying to service Ed's customers but it doesn't appear they bought much (if any) if the NOS stock. It seems he squirreled away most of the valuable old stock and is selling it off piecemeal on E-Bay. If he was to dump it all at once it could depress the prices so he is doing it slowly (my guess).
    I'm vary leery of buying anything from Ed's old archives. Though is it really Ed since the account is under Millie's name? Anyway, Ed had that old prototype Legend Turbo engine. That motor was actually nothing more than a mock-up that was shown to investors. Because it was meant to be transported, it had absolutely ZERO internal parts. In fact, if you look at the photos of that unit, you can see on the manifold that it was clearly a 2.7L engine motor, and NOT the production 2.8.

Years ago Ed installed some internals into the engine (who knows what kind of mishmash of components were installed from the PRV parts bin) and got it to run. BUT it never ran right. Especially since he didn't have the Bias-Boost control components with the final passage sizes to get the engine to work as intended. But since it ran, he said it was "working" and kept on claiming that it was a "Legend" twin-turbo, which it never was.

Ed has had some interesting items for sale in the past, but take those items at what face value it is that you can see. It's common sense of course.

Also along the lines of common sense, stop bidding denominations of $12, $24, $44, $88, $121, $19.55, $19.85, & $20.15 if you want to win auctions. I can't tell you how many auctions I've won just by going a few dollars over that amount.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

I think that engine may have ended up at Rob Grady's shop - He does good work so he may finally get it running properly... Rob - you reading this one?

T

My VIN:    00778 and Formerly 06770.

maybe his storage unit of stuff will wind up on Storage Wars. "YUUUUUPPPPPPPPP!!"

My VIN:    3997

The best parts from the Auction are the questions. I will post them here so they are never lost. He even sounds like an @$$ on the Internet. Sheesh

Question & Answer Answered On
    Q: Can you please post pictures of it in its current condition? I don't bid on items I can see due to all the scammers on ebay. Oct-12-14

A: Hi eagle-co94 Thank you for your inquiry. I am very sorry that I cannot post current photographs of eBay item #121459137482 DELOREAN FRAME - NEW, NEVER USED - VERY RARE - FACTORY ORIGINAL + ANCILLARY PARTS. To begin, the New Factory Original Frame containing all its New Additional Parts is stored in a very crowded facility and even has a DeLorean fiberglass body sitting on the top of the frame. What can I say? There are five other DeLorean Fiberglass Bodies squished next to it at this time and I cannot even get close to it, let alone take photographs. Let's be pragmatic about this eBay item and its associated parts. Please notice my response to to a previous question. Then, glance at the eBay item specifics and note that contiguous to the Surface Finish: I stated that it was "Factory Original Grey Epoxy with Minor Scuffs etc." The Frame is in excess of 34 years old and it has been sitting around for the last 30 years getting dusty, scuffy, nicked, chipped and scratched a bit.But, IT IS NOT DAMAGED, RUSTED, WORN OR DISTORTED IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER.If you want to display it like John DeLorean did, you can take it all apart and just make minor repairs (if any) match the Grey Color and spray it lightly for cosmetic purposes, glass bead all the Factory Original Aluminum Components, Tumble the fasteners and nuts or replace with fresh ones if you wish and it is done.If you are going to use it for your car, simply go over the frame with Formula 409 spray cleaner, push it beneath your existing body, hook-up the systems, fill it with gas and drive it away. You can rest assured that when your existing DeLorean automobile first rolled-off the assembly line in 1981/1982 it did not have a better Frame, Rear Hub Carriers, Front lower Control arms, Rear Trailing Arms or anything else that you will receive when you buy this item.You might want to change the rubber components like the bellows on the rear drive shafts or other "soft" parts & lubricate with fresh grease etc.millieone

Q: In the event this item does not sell please keep this email for your records as I will be in the market for this item next year around July. Thank you Oct-12-14

A: Hi wallaby10000, Thank you for your email. Please be advised as follows: This DeLorean Factory Original New Frame, Part Number 108723 for a vehicle with a Manual Transmission will definitely not be available next July. To begin... with a very minor amount of modification within the gear shift area, this very rare frame can also be used for a Delorean Automobile with an Automatic Transmission. Please check the internet. It appears that there are "No New Factory Original DeLorean Frames anywhere in the world". In addition, this rolling Chassis comes with New Factory Original DeLorean Right and Left Rear Hub Carriers plus 2 Factory Original Front Lower Control Arms and both Factory Original Right and Left Trailing Arms. It appears that not only is the New Factory Original Frame not available but also No Factory Original Right Hub Carriers, No Factory Original Right Trailing Arms and No Factory Original Front Lower Control Arms. It appears that these DeLorean Factory Original items will NEVER BE CHEAPER than those on this current offering and given the present direction of inflation, it appears that the only way we will be able to obtain new, replacement parts will be limited to those manufactured in China, Korea or India. It may be prudent to consider bidding on eBay item #121459137482 DELOREAN FRAME-NEW- NEVER USED-VERY RARE + ANCILLARY PARTS at this time rather than wait until a later date. It rolls, just stick it in your garage and forget about it until you need it. Regards, millieone
    Living The Dream Since 2005 - VIN#3997

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by TTait View Post
    I think that engine may have ended up at Rob Grady's shop - He does good work so he may finally get it running properly... Rob - you reading this one?

T
    If Rob does something with it, it'll be at best a clone engine. This as a inoperable show piece, so the block was completely empty in order to keep it light. No pistons, crank, cams, chains, anything. The manifolds on the outside *might* be worth something to make new castings of, but that's assuming they already include all of the bosses for vacuum lines.

The internals added by Ed later on were NOT original.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Relisted for just under $10k. I guess despite the rarity of this item nobody wanted to pony up $14k.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DELOREAN-FRA...04c821&vxp=mtr

Ryan did us a solid by posting the Q&A gems from the last auction... The current auction shows no questions asked and answered.

Now, LAST time there was great entertainment value in the Q&A section...

I do hope that someone asks some questions this time around...

(ahem)

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Wow, someone asked for pictures again and he literally copied and pasted his exact answer from before.

Kind of seems like BS that he can even sell an item that is not currently in the condition he's claiming it's in, nor that he has access to. The picture he posted isn't representative of the item at all since all he is selling is just the steel frame itself, with nothing attached to it.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    Wow, someone asked for pictures again and he literally copied and pasted his exact answer from before.

Kind of seems like BS that he can even sell an item that is not currently in the condition he's claiming it's in, nor that he has access to. The picture he posted isn't representative of the item at all since all he is selling is just the steel frame itself, with nothing attached to it.
    "Therefore, I am simply selling the frame and will remove $4,000.00 worth of miscellaneous items that no one wanted or could afford."
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

DMC John raised a valid question about whether the frame was even appropriate for use in a car and suddenly they don't know anything about the cars or frames really... Sad.

Then in another question this comes out :"I have sold lots of items locally and around the world throughout the years and NO ONE HAS EVER COMPLAINED ABOUT ANYTHING!"

Well, actually... I purchased a workshop manual from them that had 30% of the pages copied cattywompus and was unusable. I did complain and had to wait a few weeks to get a better one - but was informed when I picked it up that I would not be sold anything else - ever. They also insisted that I return the defective manual in as new condition or I would not get the replacement.

So to be fair, they did have one complaint.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast