FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What a difference Momo steering wheel makes...

My VIN:    01960

What a difference Momo steering wheel makes...

In my ongoing "What a difference..." series, I present my old steering wheel and new Momo steering wheel. Not only does it completely change the look of the interior (probably the single most commented on item in my interior), but the thicker grip makes driving the car more enjoyable as well. And yes, this is a real Momo not the knockoff. It is super sturdy, the DMC logo looks like it was supposed to be there (thank you DMC CA), and it feels really good cruising down the freeway or taking the tight turns at 3mph in my office parking garage. I was worried with the adapter it would stick too far out, but it's actually perfect. Worth every penny as far as I'm concerned, and interesting how every single casual observer can't believe it's not a DeLorean steering wheel.

Only issue I have is the texture on the adaptor is grainy and I wish it was smooth like the rest of the steering column. At some point, I'll have to sand it down and repaint.
    Attached Images
    1981, auto, black int w/black carpet and headliner, Momo wheel, Pioneer HU /speakers w/bluetooth, Bisyncmaster LED panel, Eibach springs, shocks, exhaust, wingsaloft

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

What a difference Momo steering wheel makes...

I can't handle thin steering wheels. Got long fingers and thin steeling wheels are close to give me hand cramps.

Most old cars had thin wheels. First thing I have to change on them. Yes the momo wheel is the best if not only good replacement for it

Aesthetically the brushed aluminum of that wheel co pimentos the stainless of the body. Simply perfect. Especially on a black interior like yours. Mine is gray and it does not really look perfect but a guess a gray steering wheel would look stupid.
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

Quote Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
    I can't handle thin steering wheels. Got long fingers and thin steeling wheels are close to give me hand cramps.

Most old cars had thin wheels. First thing I have to change on them. Yes the momo wheel is the best if not only good replacement for it

Aesthetically the brushed aluminum of that wheel co pimentos the stainless of the body. Simply perfect. Especially on a black interior like yours. Mine is gray and it does not really look perfect but a guess a gray steering wheel would look stupid.
    Yeah, I changed the entire interior to black... I just prefer it that way even though they never came like this from the factory; for me with the wheel and new stereo, it feels like a more modern DeLorean inside while retaining the classic Delorean look outside.
    1981, auto, black int w/black carpet and headliner, Momo wheel, Pioneer HU /speakers w/bluetooth, Bisyncmaster LED panel, Eibach springs, shocks, exhaust, wingsaloft

Nice here is my cockpit
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

Very nice. I see you don't have your vents in... Are you redoing all your AC?

My VIN:    4534

I have the knockoff but you're right. The wheel really improves the way the car feels. Argh, you made me want to go driving and I can't because I'm stuck at work.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

Quote Originally Posted by rileydawgg View Post
    In my ongoing "What a difference..." series, I present my old steering wheel and new Momo steering wheel. Not only does it completely change the look of the interior (probably the single most commented on item in my interior), but the thicker grip makes driving the car more enjoyable as well. And yes, this is a real Momo not the knockoff. It is super sturdy, the DMC logo looks like it was supposed to be there (thank you DMC CA), and it feels really good cruising down the freeway or taking the tight turns at 3mph in my office parking garage. I was worried with the adapter it would stick too far out, but it's actually perfect. Worth every penny as far as I'm concerned, and interesting how every single casual observer can't believe it's not a DeLorean steering wheel.

Only issue I have is the texture on the adaptor is grainy and I wish it was smooth like the rest of the steering column. At some point, I'll have to sand it down and repaint.
    I've been needing a new wheel for some time. Was just gonna buy an OE one, but I like this one A LOT. Where do I get it??

Quote Originally Posted by rileydawgg View Post
    Very nice. I see you don't have your vents in... Are you redoing all your AC?
    Complete restoration frame up. See vin 5992 in the restoration section

My VIN:    3519

Quote Originally Posted by Shark Pilot View Post
    I've been needing a new wheel for some time. Was just gonna buy an OE one, but I like this one A LOT. Where do I get it??
    right here.

http://www.amazon.com/MEVO35BK1P-Mil.../dp/B000GVQD2C

Quote Originally Posted by Denverdelorean View Post
    That is the original. The one I have. I have seen the replica to be a bit more "leathery" cause momo now blogger stitches the leather. They press it mechanically.

Either way, your best solution is get a complete set from dmcmw with adapter. Trouble free. Mine was A LOT OD WORK to accomplish and came out more than the ready one.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast