FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: It's TOTALED!

Unhappy It's TOTALED!

NOT my DeLorean! (Hence the Open Discussion). Funny story about Egull actually -- I hit road debris on the turnpike that caused the engine to overheat on Sunday, so she's been out of commission and at DPI for the past couple of days. More or less expedited a process that I was planning for the upcoming weekend by six days, so it all works out. In the meantime, earlier today (about 7:30-ish), THIS happened:

Link to fullsize

Link to fullsize

Link to fullsize

Link to fullsize

That's Turul, my brand new 2014 Subaru Impreza. Bought it in January after getting rid of my old 2001 Civic. Here's what happened:

Someone who lived on the left side of the road stopped (and had their blinker on, which I saw) to make that left turn. No dedicated left turn lane, so they were in the usual flow of traffic. The guy behind them stopped, and was slightly to the right as if he wanted to pass, but was too close to do so. I stopped behind this guy in the center of my lane. A few moments later, something just caught my eye, and I looked in the rearview mirror, and noticed headlights that were about an inch apart to start, but were getting wider and bigger all in the matter of ONE single second. At the instant the lights met the outside of the rearview mirror, BAM, my car gets shot forward and left a bit, somehow managing to miss all oncoming traffic, but propelling me so far forward that it wouldn't have mattered if I were a full car length (or even two!) away, I would've hit the guy in front of me regardless. Clipped his right side, but his car was drivable.

The whole thing was VERY surreal, but here't he excellent news: I survived with very minor injuries. I got cuts on my hand, a scrape/bruise on my leg, and my neck is sore from the whiplash, but other than that I'm A-okay! The person behind me didn't have any injuries that I could tell, and the person in front of me drove off before I had a chance to even say "hello", so I'm assuming they're fine. I could sit here and be negative and say "why did this happen to me? what kind of idiot-" etc. etc., or I could be positive and realize that dude, I'm alive! If there's one thing I'm taking away from this whole experience, it's this: When life throws you a curveball, just make the best of it.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Glad you are alright Mike. You are lucky to have torn the hose clamp on egull. It was a beautiful day and I'm sure you would have had the D out today. Glad you didn't pick it up last night!
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    4055

Club(s):   (DMA)

glad you're OK!
    another testament to the safety of Subaru (both my wife and I daily Subarus and love them) sorry to see your Impreza lose its life, but at least it did its job at protecting yours.

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

Glad you are okay man. Thursday you may be pretty sore. Don't take a dime less than full replacement cost for new including tax, title, tags - everything.
    Glad there were no serious injuries.

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Very impressive, glad you're ok and safe!

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

They survived !

glad you are OK
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Seems to be a recurring theme of "Glad you're OK". Amen to that, bruddahs!

Believe it or not, I'm actually feeling much better than yesterday. My leg isn't as sore, and my neck isn't nearly as stiff as it was (manually stretching it helped quite a bit I'd imagine). The hilarious part about Dermot's reference is that it seems to be a common first reaction Who knows, maybe Turul and I can be on the next commercial!

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

Wow! Must have fell like a heck of an acceleration...
    Glad you are good/hope he is insured! Get better soon buddy.
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

If you where in a DeLorean you would have undoubtedly fared a whole lot worse. Got to love modern technology when it comes to absorbing lifetaking newtons.
    Obtain 'O Meter▪▼▲≡▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪FEB 7.4% -5.3% since JAN '15
    %0▪▪▪10▪▪▪20▪▪30▪▪▪40▪▪50▪▪▪60▪▪70▪▪80▪▪90▪▪100
    ▪▪▪|▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪◊▪▪▪▪ |

===My YouTube Channel: TheDutchTexan
    [Vlogging, DashCam Compilations & CarShows!]

My VIN:    07000

Full moon yesterday and saw two pile-ups on the way home nearly 50 feet apart from each other, about 4-5 cars in each one.

People drive crazy during full moons for some reason.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast