FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: What do you think about supercharging?

My VIN:    10287

Club(s):   (DMA)

What do you think about supercharging?

I have absolutely no plans to undertake a PRV supercharging project but I came across this ad: http://newyork.craigslist.org/stn/cto/4730926988.html

Wonder what kind of power this set-up is really generating. And the engine bay kind of looks like a hot mess. Has anybody ever seen this car or know anything about it?
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

Quote Originally Posted by AugustneverEnds View Post
    Interesting that this car has the Addco rear bar...
    Let us reply to ambition that it is she herself that gives us a taste for solitude.

My VIN:    12306 xxxxxx RHD Twin Turbo

Club(s):  

200 WHP with a rotary supercharger is possible in theory (at ~15lbs boost?) but that amount of boost will dramatically shorten the life of the stock internals. Also 7th injector based supercharger tuning is tricky, particularly for a rotary (not constant boost like a roots or screw supercharger) using old electronics. I have a 7th injector / twin-screw Alpine supercharger kit on my VehiCROSS; works well but it is only a moderate boost and a 20%ish power gain, not the 100% claimed here. It might have been hand-tuned to do 200 WHP at a specific RPM (rounded up no doubt), but I sincerely doubt it has correct fueling and ignition timing across the whole powerband (which will further shorten the engine life over and above the boost).

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Starglider View Post
    200 WHP with a rotary supercharger is possible in theory (at ~15lbs boost?) but that amount of boost will dramatically shorten the life of the stock internals. Also 7th injector based supercharger tuning is tricky, particularly for a rotary (not constant boost like a roots or screw supercharger) using old electronics. I have a 7th injector / twin-screw Alpine supercharger kit on my VehiCROSS; works well but it is only a moderate boost and a 20%ish power gain, not the 100% claimed here. It might have been hand-tuned to do 200 WHP at a specific RPM (rounded up no doubt), but I sincerely doubt it has correct fueling and ignition timing across the whole powerband (which will further shorten the engine life over and above the boost).
    This looks to be Gene Tufaro. Long Time Delorean owner. That car could be a great car for the right owner at the right price. Gene was the one who made the gold Deloreans for necklaces. I bought his last one. I think he had 2 Deloreans, maybe he sold one or is keeping it?
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

I believe he also played around with NOS.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    1494

Club(s):   (DMA)

There are a couple of posts on the DML that list the specifics of everything about this car.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steve Cosgrove, Vin. 1494
    "I'm Kicking Through The Walls In My Mind..." - Goo Goo Dolls
    On-going Engine and Car Modifications: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?50...Engine-Upgrade