FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Videobob's New TV Show on REELZ

Attention Whore

So what's your thoughts on our 3rd episode about "Knight Rider"?
    They will re-play it a lot this week and next week, "Jurassic Jeep"!!!

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by videobob View Post
    So what's your thoughts on our 3rd episode about "Knight Rider"?
    Nice job with the car...looked great! Something about the "structure" of this episode I like the best so far....can't put my finger on it though.

-Another appearance by the pretty redhead(Sheila? Heather?)....thank you for that, sir!

-Rachel did an excellent job with the Cyndi L costume (your costume was also spot-on BTW.)

-Frye dressed as a Flock of Seagulls dude instead of Vanilla Ice doesn't make sense, the only explanation can be that he actually is one of the dudes from FOS.

-The dude looked genuinely surprised, I'm interested to know what he was expecting since you were there with a camera crew at his birthday party (was that mentioned and I missed it?)

Overall, pretty damn good mister.

I love the Show, you guys are awesome!!

Roads?..Where we're going we don't need..Roads!

My VIN:    3937

I don't know who Dave Murry is, but here you go. KITT, Ecto-1 and the Scarface car episodes uploaded on this guy's channel so far. Has the Time Machine episode already been on?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXG...SjnGo8A/videos

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Attention Whore

New Episode this Tuesday night!!!
    Get times and channel info from http://www.reelz.com/screen-machines/

My VIN:    06369

That was a fun show. Years ago, I was toying with building a KITT...but then I had kids and that sort of idea got squashed. The reupholstered seats were interesting. Was that webbing in the headrest always there? Maybe that was something I always overlooked. It turned out nice. I still have to watch the Ecto-1 episode.

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

As someone in the process of building a KITT replica, I watched the KR episode.

The show would be MUCH better if it focused on the work that goes into converting one of these cars, and less on the ridiculous and contrived (and poorly-acted) sub-plots. The bad actress feigning shock at the car not being ready ("excuse me, can you tell me where I can find Video... Bob?"), the nonsense with going to pawn shops looking for electronics to build a voice recognition system from scratch with components that would make it impossible, the William Daniels soundalike auditions with people who would obviously not fit the part, ALL of the staged phone calls trying to rope Hasselhoff into the episode... It's ridiculous, and detracts from the work that goes into a project like this.

I'd have much rather liked to see more work being done on the car, and less banging on a Speak & Spell with a wrench in an effort to build a KITT computer. Or this goofy stuff:

Protip: When you can clearly make out the iPhone's dialer screen, you know immediately that there isn't even a call in progress.

If you have to try and engineer a show to be interesting by adding fluff, maybe there isn't actually a show there. Bob's Prop Shop is successful as a replica building business, and for good reason. But this isn't good TV.

Like, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedidentist View Post
    Was that webbing in the headrest always there? Maybe that was something I always overlooked.
    Sort of, yes and no, but mostly no. The seats used in the replica aren't correct. KITT originally had PMD seats, and early in the series a black fabric was added to cover the large holes in the tops of the seats to more easily cover the face of the stunt driver that was built into the "seat" during scenes when KITT drove himself. The seats that were in the replica were some kind of aftermarket Recaro seats.
    Last edited by ccurzio; 12-15-2014 at 10:29 PM.
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    3937

Chris, I agree with you on how a show about building something that interests me would be better if it focused more on the car/bridge/gadget they are building and less on the antics.

What I see though, and definitely not just on Bob's show unfortunately, is that these shows either don't sell or not enough people want to see them or both. We can turn on a show about building mega structures, bridges, tunnels under mountains, smartphones or seemingly anything else, and they all seem to now include as much show about the "project engineers" after hours life as they do of when he's actually on the construction site.

For me, it is most disappointing not in the show itself, but that there are so many shows like this or even commercials with "real life, outrageous characters" in them. And no production company, TV channel or outfit paying to advertise their product is going to continue to throw money at concepts that don't work, right? And since we are seeing more of these rather than less, it leaves me thinking only one thing. The majority out there loves this stuff.

How does the George Carlin line go? "Imagine how stupid the average person is and then think to yourself that half the people out there are even stupider than that."

I cringe when thinking about what the majority of the planet is like if this is the direction we're going. The next ice age can't come soon enough, lol.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Attention Whore

Ha, I argue with the producers about this dumb shit all the time.
    If it was up to me, it would be a straight up build show like "Over-Haulin'" or "Wheeler-Dealers", etc.
    Our show has a unique situation, real cars guys don't give a shit about props.
    Middle American housewives don't know shit about cars.
    They have to meet in the middle somewhere, at least that's what they keep telling me.
    As far as people's critiques over our little entertainment show, I take it with a pound of salt.
    I used to produce NWA Wrestling, I was also the main announcer, so when I would meet these tards in the parking lot
    complaining about this or that wrestler... it was so funny because I knew the good guy and the bad guy were room mates and
    rode in the same car together and had to sneak in different doors.....cause, rasslin', well, it ain't reeeel.
    The only thing real about it was it really does hurt when you jump off that top rope and hit that hard ass "matt".
    That shit aint a matt, it's a canvas covered plywood floor.
    I know, I have done it, that shit will straight up knock the wind out of you.
    That said, we really do build our cars and in that short time frame, THAT really happens.
    As for some of the other things... I will live up to my contractual obligations of non disclosure and leave that up to your imagination

Attention Whore

Here's something else to pick apart...
    Built this sucker in 3 days!!!

Last edited by videobob; 12-18-2014 at 11:14 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast