FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Barcroft Media Presents Rich W's Custom DeLoreans (video profile)

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Mention in Crain's Cleveland Business

Either Crain's Cleveland Business has a crawler looking for stories that contain "Cleveland"
    or maybe there is just a DeLorean fan working there. A few type-o's in their story, but I
    guess I cannot blame them too much, since the type-o's were in the source morphed story
    from BoldRide.com The Crain's Cleveland Business article is listed below:

Back to the future: A meeting in Cleveland nearly 15 years ago turned Rick Weissensell, 50, into the nation’s leading authority
    on making wrecked DeLoreans into entirely new cars, including limousines, convertibles and monster trucks.

BoldRide.com reports that Weissensell’s passion started when he met John DeLorean, founder of the company, at the Cleveland
    DeLorean Car Show back in 2000.

“He shared his plans to create some wacky custom versions of the car with John who gave his blessing,” according to the story.
    “That was all it took for Weissensell to let loose and start creating DeLoreans the likes of which you’ve never seen.”

He has a monster truck that he built in just under a month from a DeLorean and a wrecked K5 Blazer. There’s also a nearly 26-foot-long
    limousine with three sets of gull-wing doors that are fully operational.

“As a true DeLorean enthusiast, Weissensell has one rule that he follows for all of his custom cars: he will not use working DeLoreans,
    only wrecks,” BoldRide.com reports. “Because there were so few built, he doesn’t want to remove any working originals from service.
    That limits him as to what he can build and when, but he says he’ll keep coming up with new designs for as long as he’s able.”

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Mention in the Dupont Registry blog

There have been several very cool posts and re-posts of the Barcroft Cars video and interview,
    but the one I saw earlier today was very unexpected and I certainly appreciate the mention.

The Dupont Registry - Car Blog

http://blog.dupontregistry.com/news/...limo-and-more/

In addition to re-posting the video, it looks like they did their homework gathering more details
    for the text, rather than just re-posting some of the original text.

My VIN:    3937

Seen this before Rich?

Maybe you've already got some plans in your head for a DWC - upside down DeLorean? This guy is in Clinton, IL (North of Decatur). Same "Barcroft" cars type video too.

I wonder how long he'll think getting 1,000 pictures a day taken is still fun?

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Seen this before Rich?

Maybe you've already got some plans in your head for a DWC - upside down DeLorean? This guy is in Clinton, IL (North of Decatur). Same "Barcroft" cars type video too.

I wonder how long he'll think getting 1,000 pictures a day taken is still fun?
    Hi Jonathan,

Actually, Barcroft did a number of profiles in the Midwest, all about the same time, and that truck was filmed the day before my collection was filmed.

If you look through a few more of the Barcroft profiles, there are at least two more in Illinois and one in Iowa, all filmed within a few days of each other.

Later,
    Rich W.

My VIN:    5180

Can't seem to get the video to load.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Can't seem to get the video to load.
    All the video links in this thread just checked out fine for me using IE 10.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2