FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Vin 11408, LS Swap

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Vin 11408, LS Swap

Josh,

Just curious why you went with a steel spacer plate vs aluminum? Did you make a new flywheel? I do find pretty amazing that with the spacer it, it looks like the axles end up in the same fore/aft location as the OE transmission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (TXDMC)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Josh,

Just curious why you went with a steel spacer plate vs aluminum? Did you make a new flywheel? I do find pretty amazing that with the spacer it, it looks like the axles end up in the same fore/aft location as the OE transmission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I make my adapters out of steel as the shop I deal with cannot cut thicker than 3/8" aluminum plate. The adapter plates are 1/2" for the UN1 and 3/4" for the Subaru. Steel is also cheaper than aluminum and the threads are less likely to pull out, especially if the bolts are installed and removed a few times.

I made a new flywheel utilizing the stock subaru ring gear. The flywheel is basically a hybrid of a subaru and a ls flywheel. All clutch components are subaru.

The axles have some angle to them, but nothing to be concerned about. They sit similarly to the automatic transaxle, if not better.

5.3L LS4 + Subaru 6spd 314whp/348ft-lbs
    Getting it back on the road!
    LS Swap

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10