FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Vin 11408, LS Swap

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Vin 11408, LS Swap

Josh,

Just curious why you went with a steel spacer plate vs aluminum? Did you make a new flywheel? I do find pretty amazing that with the spacer it, it looks like the axles end up in the same fore/aft location as the OE transmission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Josh,

Just curious why you went with a steel spacer plate vs aluminum? Did you make a new flywheel? I do find pretty amazing that with the spacer it, it looks like the axles end up in the same fore/aft location as the OE transmission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I make my adapters out of steel as the shop I deal with cannot cut thicker than 3/8" aluminum plate. The adapter plates are 1/2" for the UN1 and 3/4" for the Subaru. Steel is also cheaper than aluminum and the threads are less likely to pull out, especially if the bolts are installed and removed a few times.

I made a new flywheel utilizing the stock subaru ring gear. The flywheel is basically a hybrid of a subaru and a ls flywheel. All clutch components are subaru.

The axles have some angle to them, but nothing to be concerned about. They sit similarly to the automatic transaxle, if not better.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10