FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Vin 11408, LS Swap

Club(s):  

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    I've heard too that since in England they call cookies "biscuits", when Brits eat fast food breakfast at an American McDonald's or other place for the first time, they're confused and disgusted by percieved "sausage cookies"...
    We call cookies, cookies and biscuits, biscuits. You're right about the sausage thing - that's just odd
    Dan
    VIN #4566
    Former VINs #5641 and #5284

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Well my fb is about as up to date as it gets!

Doing lots of little stuff.

-prepping wiring harness
    -Fabbed ECU mount, belt tensioner, vss bracket and trigger wheel
    -dissembled trans, cases being cleaned and powdercoated
    -purchased misc engine parts - plugs, wires, waterpump, etc
    - finalizing flywheel drawings - to be made next month
    There's something very cool about a rear mounted V8. This reminds me of my Fiero project I did a few years back. I built up a 305 with a 4 barrel Quadrajet, and shoehorned it in place of a 2.5 iron duke. The weight of the engine over the drive axles made it squat and launch like a slingshot. Good memories...

I saw Nick's D at speed.... very fast.

Good luck with your project! I'll be following your progress.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

So here is a little update... These cold winter months prevent me from getting out in the garage! -32C today without the wind chill!

So when im stuck inside I chip away at CAD. Flywheel is all designed up and at the machine shop to be made. Also designed up the starter mounting.

Then I opened up the last few pages of the workshop manual and got very carried away.... But this should help with approximating hose and exhaust routing.

I also put together the wiring harness for the engine. I basically made a hybrid harness of the gm and delorean harness. I am retaining all the delorean sensors so I can feed the gauges. Also did quite a bit of re-routing to help keep the harness as much out of sight as possible. I will be dropping the engine back in in a few weeks, ill take lots of pictures when I do so as it will be a thing of beauty!

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

The powdercoater just sent me pictures... Now im all giddy...

[email protected]
    lsdelorean.com

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Time for an update!

Alright!!

Not much has happened. I am struggling to finish the transmission... I am still at square one with no upgraded input coupler or shaft solution.

I had the car booked in for an event though, and so I could progress forward with engine related items I dropped the engine back in with just the transmission shell. Mounts worked great.
    It looks pretty nice in the engine bay, I hope to keep it as clean as in this picture, with very minimal visible wiring.

Finished up the fuel system, it is incredibly simple. Pump to corvette regulator (mounted near tank) and one line to the fuel rail. Done.
    No need for this pesky guy anymore...

Trailered the car up to the show and got it all polished up. It cleaned up very well and was a huge hit!

Back in the garage I ripped it back apart. Got the plumbing for the intake done. I will be running a MAF sensor mounted in the pontoon. As you can see I did quite a bit of cutting to the pontoon, as well as the rear panel. However, when the bumper is installed the intake is completely hidden and the bumper foam is retained.

The belt routing has been a bit of a challenge with the LS4 Water pump. I ended up designing a tensioner to make it all work. I will be revisiting the belt routing when I work in A/C. Currently the car has no A/C compressor, lines, condenser, etc. So I did not feel obligated to work in a compressor at this time.

I had a hard time finding headers that fit due to the placement of my engine mounts. So I decided to make my own. This was a bit of a learning experience but I took my time and it turned out well. I am sending them out to get tig welded by a pro.

Last edited by Josh; 04-21-2015 at 12:25 AM.

[email protected]
    lsdelorean.com

My VIN:    6125

Nice job on all the custom fab work! Putting LS motors in DeLoreans is becoming the new hot trend it seems

Some pretty impressive CAD work there too...

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Finished up the fuel system, it is incredibly simple. Pump to corvette regulator (mounted near tank) and one line to the fuel rail. Done.
    No need for this pesky guy anymore...

How did you eliminate the accumulator?
    Let us reply to ambition that it is she herself that gives us a taste for solitude.

Quote Originally Posted by BABIS View Post
    How did you eliminate the accumulator?
    smartass answer: with a wrench, some pliers and alot of cursing...

proper answer: If you are not running k-jet you do not need an accumulator. I wont hurt to have it but it is not necessary at all. I also ran new fuel lines so the delorean hard lines are now de-comissioned.

[email protected]
    lsdelorean.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Nice job on all the custom fab work! Putting LS motors in DeLoreans is becoming the new hot trend it seems

Some pretty impressive CAD work there too...
    Thank you sir!

Design and cad is a big portion of what I do for a living so I am lucky to have those skills and access to a lasercutter that way.

[email protected]
    lsdelorean.com

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast