FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Herver sender unit connection

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

Herver sender unit connection

Bought this used and I was wondering what the connection of the wires go like?

I either get:
    - empty no light
    - full no light
    And full with empty light.
    No I betweens. My tank should have 2 gallons in it right now so I can't know for sure.

VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

It appears to be missing one of the wires (There should be three from the unit, I only see two). You are probably missing the wire that sends the level, so you are connecting the light switch to the gauge.

The level sender part is a variable resistance. High resistance = full, low = empty. So if the light switch is connected to the gauge it will read empty.

Harness colors are
    black = ground,
    Green/orange - low fuel light (grounded lights the light)
    Green/Black = the gauge (see resistance above).

Someone owes you a refund or you need to dig into the harness to find the wire.

A great way to test the unit is to leave it out of the tank and turn it upside down to read full.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

Herver sender unit connection

Actually, I am not missing a wire. IT is missing a wire.
    The hervey senders don't have the third low fuel light wire.
    That's why I was wondering which way the senders wires go to the Delorean wires.

Now that you have broken it down for me it's obvious need to attach it the way it gives me empty without illuminations light.

Thank you DAVE!!

So it must be black to black and white to black green
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)