As you may or may not know, I have been the keeper of the new DeLorean Owners Directory (DOD) since 2011. I was planning on publishing the next issue (#10) sometime in November. There are currently 1391 entries in three categories, Active (1093), Inactive (296), and Pending (2). Since I took over, there has been only a smattering of new entries, maybe 2 per month, only sporadic updates, and essentially no deletes. Many in the Active category have moved, or changed their email addresses and phone numbers. Of course I understand that after a move or the sale of your car(s), updating your DeLorean contact information and/or deleting your entries is the least of your concerns. Thus, many in the Active category, and ALL those in the Inactive category have never been heard from since I took over responsibility for the directory. And so I believe much of the data has become stale.

Currently, the two persons in the Pending category are new, yes, but they have not responded to repeated emails asking for verification. This email verification for new entries is one way to ensure new entries are made by real people. For the Inactive category, I am going to send an email so to see if they come back undeliverable. If so, these will be deleted from the DOD.

But before I send an email or do any deleting of stale data, I am putting out a public plea to DeLorean community to please update your data. It’s easy to do provided you know your password (passwords are unchanged from the old DOD). As I only post on DMCTalk, please let any DeLorean friends you have not on DMCTalk know about this request.

Here is the link to the DOD Home page, complete with a how to if you want to make a new entry. If you want to update an existing entry, select “UPDATE” from the top-navigation and follow the instructions.

Here is a link to a thread here on DMCTalk that tells more about what the DOD actually is and is not: Delorean Owners Directory.

Thank you in advance for updating your data, and for being a member of the new DOD.

Thomas Kidd