FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Delorean on Classic Car Rescue tonight on Velocity Channel

My VIN:    3462

Club(s):   (DOI)

Thanks!

My VIN:    4519

Why doesn't my window glass shatter when I slam the door?

BLOODY HELL!!!

My VIN:    16882.

Just watched it. Can't believe they tried to shove that Jeep radiator into the car. Craziness.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Why doesn't my window glass shatter when I slam the door?
    !!!
    Because yours is actual automotive-grade tempered glass rather than a window they swiped out of the bathroom. And it's glued in place.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    16882.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    Because yours is actual automotive-grade tempered glass rather than a window they swiped out of the bathroom. And it's glued in place.
    Wha...?! You don't mean..., they LIED???!!!

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

Notice how they did the bad fender last....maybe they knew?

My VIN:    5180

This reminds me of old episode of american hotrod during which they are supposedly doing the first engine start on the project car. crank,crank,crank, crank nothing. OMG what could it be. Hmm, perhaps it's the fact that the coil wire is removed from the distributor. Clearly visible in the camera shot while the engine is being cranked.

As side note, I recently discovered CAR SOS on the NAT GEO channel. It's British based and modeled loosely after the Overhaulin. The premise being a family member of the unsuspecting vehicle owner contacts the show and shares the story about how a family member has had a vehicle for years or decades with the intent of restoring it. As usual life circumstances get in the way or an Illness of some kind. Depending on the circumstance the host finds a creative way to get the vehicle away from the owner for a 3 week period in which they completely go through the vehicle bringing it back to life then they reveal the restored vehicle to the owner in unsuspecting fashion.

The best part about the show is that their is very little drama and lots of actual camera time spent with the mechanic's as they discover all sorts of issues followed by the repair process each one requires. I enjoy the show for what it is.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    5302

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    As side note, I recently discovered CAR SOS on the NAT GEO channel. It's British based and modeled loosely after the Overhaulin. The premise being a family member of the unsuspecting vehicle owner contacts the show and shares the story about how a family member has had a vehicle for years or decades with the intent of restoring it. As usual life circumstances get in the way or an Illness of some kind. Depending on the circumstance the host finds a creative way to get the vehicle away from the owner for a 3 week period in which they completely go through the vehicle bringing it back to life then they reveal the restored vehicle to the owner in unsuspecting fashion.
    Loosely? You just described Overhaulin exactly.
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

Quote Originally Posted by DL4567 View Post
    Loosely? You just described Overhaulin exactly.
    I use the term loosely because they do the restoration work over a 3 week time frame instead of 7 days of around the clock mad man rush to complete the work like Overhaulin'. The show features vehicle restoration versus customization with Tricked out paint jobs and custom wheels. EI: the FOOSE EFFECT.

I just finished watching the You tube video posted earlier. I want to know where the drop glass FRAME is in the broken window? I would have expected it to still be in the door around the drop glass. The other thing that bugged me is when they first discover the Passenger door is broke. The Door strut is missing while the guy is holding up the door. Granted later on they finally show the strut is completely Dead.
    Last edited by DMC5180; 11-22-2014 at 10:48 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

I also enjoyed SAM and DAVE back when they did The SHADE TREE MECHANIC Show. It was about fixing normal cars and doing those average DIY mechanic jobs. Later on when they changed the Name of the show to CRANK And CHROME and essentially changed to just putting on Show SPONSOR Performance Parts. I lost interest pretty fast.
    DENNIS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast