FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Poll: rocker Guard wheel wells

My VIN:    6272 10638 17158

Poll: rocker Guard wheel wells

Try and explain this without writing a hole book out here, but currently doing a complete nut and bolt restoration. Currently have the body striped and just about ready to paint the tub. The question is should I spray some rocker guard in the wheel areas to protect the tub from road crap or would people rather just see normal paint?

Normally I'd just do what ever I want, how ever I'm asking because I know within a few years I will have to sell the car, so as I'm building this I'm trying to keep future buyers in mind.

Thanks!

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Gfrank View Post
    Try and explain this without writing a hole book out here, but currently doing a complete nut and bolt restoration. Currently have the body striped and just about ready to paint the tub. The question is should I spray some rocker guard in the wheel areas to protect the tub from road crap or would people rather just see normal paint?

Normally I'd just do what ever I want, how ever I'm asking because I know within a few years I will have to sell the car, so as I'm building this I'm trying to keep future buyers in mind.

Thanks!
    It's normally raw gelcoat if you are going for originality. The factory only painted the tub in the area of the engine pontoons and the trunk. Neither of those particularly well.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    6272 10638 17158

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    It's normally raw gelcoat if you are going for originality. The factory only painted the tub in the area of the engine pontoons and the trunk. Neither of those particularly well.
    Ya I know, using the term originality loosely on this one, going to be much better then original, they should be ashamed of themself lol
    I like the rocker gaurd for the protection, but also think a lot of people aren't found of it

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

A flat black is probably a good choice. I would do a restoration with the priority of keeping the weight to a minimum for best performance. Using a heavy coating will just add weight and is not necessary unless you plan on doing a lot of driving on gravel roads.
    David Teitelbaum