FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Stainless frame project - assembly required (batteries not included) ;)

My VIN:    6149 plus 2418, 3633, 5030, 17086

Stainless frame project - assembly required (batteries not included) ;)

Hello everyone,

I am offering my stainless steel frame project. It is a copy of the original frame but everything is made out of 304 stainless. The frame needs to assembled at it is a bunch of separate parts now. There is one piece missing and will have to be cut and shaped for the frame to be complete.
    Front frame extension aka. crumple tube is complete and assembled. It is reinforced and front extension recall kit will not be needed.
    Center tunnel section has the shifter plate installed - manual transmission, with all stainless nuts. Shift mechanism can be bolted in.
    Front cross section is complete.
    Rear cross section is mostly complete - bottom plate needs to be welded on.
    The rest are all separate pieces, some are just cut out raw pieces, some are bent to the required shape.
    TIG welded. Lots of welding required to complete this frame.
    Complete frame will weigh a little more than the original one (with epoxy). I have used slightly thicker material because the frame was calculated to handle at least 300 HP.
    Pictures coming tomorrow.

Available for pickup just outside Warsaw, Poland. Map coordinates in my signature.
    All components of the frame should fit on a pallet but buyer will have to arrange shipping. I don't even know how to ship such a thing.

Price - €3000
    Greetings from Poland!
    Tom
    http://www.deloreana.com

Please excuse my typos... and watch this: Ben Champion - That Auto-Correct Song

Pictures

Here are the pictures of the frame I am offering:

This section is a reinforcement for one of the Y sections. As mentioned before, one part is missing and it's this one in the picture below. Two are needed to complete the frame.

This last picture shows all the frame components bunched together. This is how much space it all requires for shipping and storage. (sorry for the mess in the background)

This project frame comes with all necessary drawings in CAD format.
    Components were cut from a sheet of 304 stainless steel (1.4301) and most welds were done using TIG. Some internal weld were done using MIG.

I really hope someone will be able to continue this project and finish the frame.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Tomcio; 11-22-2014 at 12:52 PM.
    Greetings from Poland!
    Tom

The project frame has been SOLD!

Please consider this thread closed. Thank you.
    Greetings from Poland!
    Tom