FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trip to Seattle/Vancouver

My VIN:    4608- sold 4885- current

Trip to Seattle/Vancouver

We had this fabulous trip planned for next June to fly into Seattle, train up to Vancouver and take a Disney cruise to Alaska. However, lucky us found out that we are expecting baby #2 smack in the middle of the expected cruise date. So, we had to shift around a little bit leaving us with some Air Alaska tickets and an Amtrak evoucher that we need to use.

March seems to be the only month with availability, spsecifically around the last weekend. Our thought is to fly in on a Wed or Thursday night, stay in Seattle a couple days, train up to Vancouver and spend the night there, then train back to Seattle and fly back Monday afternoon.

Since we have never been to this part of the country, and I see a lot of us here are from there, can anyone give me some recommendations about what is a must see/must visit? I think I can probably convince her to let me stop at least one place Delorean related

My VIN:    6235

While I can't tell you what to see in Vancouver or how young your one hold is if they are under 10 in Vancouver I recommend the science world. It was recommended to me in August when we were there to go on the Disney cruise. We spent 4 days there prior to the cruise and had a great time. Grosse mountain is another must see. I will leave it up too the vangouvernites to recommend other places to go but they were extremely helpful. And something about poutin. Gotta have it!!

My VIN:    4608- sold 4885- current

Quote Originally Posted by spedlot View Post
    While I can't tell you what to see in Vancouver or how young your one hold is if they are under 10 in Vancouver I recommend the science world. It was recommended to me in August when we were there to go on the Disney cruise. We spent 4 days there prior to the cruise and had a great time. Grosse mountain is another must see. I will leave it up too the vangouvernites to recommend other places to go but they were extremely helpful. And something about poutin. Gotta have it!!
    He is 3.5. I really wanted to take him sledding, since we live in no snow land, but the places I found say hes gotta be 6 or 48"

I don't live there (yet), but have visited. Wife & I will eventually retire near there (probably Portland proper), so we've been there a number of times. Anyway, one thing you should not miss is Butchart Gardens. It's actually not in the city of Vancouver, but it is on Vancouver Island outside of Victoria.

Spectacular any time of year (yes, even in winter), but will probably be extra nice come spring time when you are there. Don't miss it. Ur' wife will love you forever.

Thomas

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I'm in Vancouver. Let me know when you're in town.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Quote Originally Posted by citizen View Post
    I don't live there (yet), but have visited. Wife & I will eventually retire near there (probably Portland proper), so we've been there a number of times. Anyway, one thing you should not miss is Butchart Gardens. It's actually not in the city of Vancouver, but it is on Vancouver Island outside of Victoria.

Spectacular any time of year (yes, even in winter), but will probably be extra nice come spring time when you are there. Don't miss it. Ur' wife will love you forever.

Thomas

Hey!!!! I'm in a sub of Portland... Glad you like it here.

Anyway - To the Original Poster - While in Seattle pay a visit to Toby and John at DMC NW. Nice chaps. Also EMP and The Science Fiction Museum if that's your thing and a visit to Pikes Market is always interesting.
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Our kids enjoyed the aquarium in Stanley Park when we were there. There are some great sights at Grouse Mtn, like the rope bridge, but at 3 he is probably too young.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    10442

Quote Originally Posted by alexwolf1216 View Post
    ...Since we have never been to this part of the country, and I see a lot of us here are from there, can anyone give me some recommendations about what is a must see/must visit? I think I can probably convince her to let me stop at least one place Delorean related
    Well, here's a couple of the more popular tourist attractions around Seattle:
    http://www.pikeplacemarket.org/
    http://www.snoqualmiefalls.com/
    But of course, you wouldn't want to miss this one either!
    http://delorean.com/locations/#4
    Last edited by beernpizzalover; 11-26-2014 at 04:09 PM.

My VIN:    3937

Stand By Me

I thought this was closer to Seattle than it is Portland, but it's actually south of Portland so a little out of the way for you on your trip.

http://historicbrownsville.com/what-...s/stand-by-me/

In any event, definitely something I'll try to check out myself next time through that part of the country. I figured I would still mention it here on the odd chance that there are any fans of 80s movies on this forum.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    I'm in Vancouver. Let me know when you're in town.
    Me, too. Just ping Dave or me when you know the dates. We can provide more current info closer to the time of arrival. And can meet up.
    - Volker Seidel -

The way I see it, if you're gonna drive around in a car, why not do it with some style?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast