FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: alignment specifications

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

alignment specifications

I'm dropping the car off in a few minutes for a front end alignment but I forgot to copy the specs for caster and camber etc can anybody go to those up please and post them here so I can pass them along to the technician?

Thanks.

Tom

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Toe-In: 3mm (0.12 inch) per wheel
    Caster Angle: 3.5° to 4° Positive non-adjustable
    Camber Angle: 0° to 0.5° Negative
    King Pin Inclination: 6° ± 0.5° - 0° non-adjustable
    Last edited by ccurzio; 12-06-2014 at 03:38 PM.
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

Perfect! Thanks so much. Just got here.

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Here is the Service Technical Bulletin on alignment. http://www.dmcnews.com/bulletins/ST-34-1.82.html
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Thanks guys - they are doing it now. They also pointed out I had put the wheels on the wrong sides, causing additional vibration. Looking forward to a perfect front end (upper and lower ball joints, new steering rack, tie rod ends, shaft bushing, Uding shocks, Uding bushings, and good condition control arms etc.) with a fresh alignment. I'll be the car goes at least 50 mph faster now! Maybe it will seat 4 too.

Thanks again. I feel like a doofis when I head out without the specs. I appreciate you bailing me out.

T

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Tom,

Fwiw, hunter alignment equipment has the delorean specs in their data base. But it never hurts to have the info on hand just in case.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by TTait View Post
    Thanks guys - they are doing it now. They also pointed out I had put the wheels on the wrong sides, causing additional vibration. Looking forward to a perfect front end (upper and lower ball joints, new steering rack, tie rod ends, shaft bushing, Uding shocks, Uding bushings, and good condition control arms etc.) with a fresh alignment. I'll be the car goes at least 50 mph faster now! Maybe it will seat 4 too.

Thanks again. I feel like a doofis when I head out without the specs. I appreciate you bailing me out.

T

I don't understand this. There are no "sides" to the wheels, only sizes front and rear unless you have tires that are directionally marked. There will be arrows indicating that but it is not common for that on a Delorean.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    I don't understand this. There are no "sides" to the wheels, only sizes front and rear unless you have tires that are directionally marked. There will be arrows indicating that but it is not common for that on a Delorean.
    David,

I have a set of Falken ZIEX Z3512 radials on my car that are directional so maybe that's what Tom has and accidentally swapped sides when installing them.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    I have BF Goodrich tires with directional treads, and forgot to check last time I put the wheels back on, so they were reversed.

T

My VIN:    SCEDT26T4BD002955

Does anyone have a copy of "ST-34-1/82: SUSPENSION ALIGNMENT - FRONT AND REAR" that they can post? The link on the DMCnews doesn't work. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast