FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about Flux Capacitors...

I've been emailing a guy in the Chicago area that told me he managed to get a response from Bruce less than a month ago about time machines for sale. Considering the circumstances, I'm sure this can be worked out somehow. When was the last time you emailed them? If it's been a while, I would say to give them the same info you gave us (plus the PayPal transaction ID) and ask where it is.

It's possible it simply slipped through the cracks somehow. From an IT perspective, there's a boatload of reasons why that may have happened, so I'm not going to jump to any conclusions here.

My VIN:    06369

Has anyone just picked up the phone and called them?

Flux capacitor

It sounds like there is a void in the market place. If a person could manufacture flux capacitors. How many people on the forum would want one and what do you think is the price range would you pay to get one that is hand made.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedidentist View Post
    Has anyone just picked up the phone and called them?
    Now now, let's not go with the simple and obvious solution

(Actually not a bad idea, particularly since you can leave a voicemail if no one picks up)

Quote Originally Posted by driveintim View Post
    It sounds like there is a void in the market place. If a person could manufacture flux capacitors. How many people on the forum would want one and what do you think is the price range would you pay to get one that is hand made.
    I made a thread somewhere asking if people wanted a cheaper alternative that wasn't quite as movie-accurate but was still instantly recognizable as a flux capacitor. I believe I manged to work costs down to $200 or less per unit (I forget the exact pricing), but the consensus was that I had missed the market by a couple years, so I passed on the idea. Still might make one just because, but there's not enough interest to make it a feasible product line unfortunately.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by driveintim View Post
    Surely they are all "hand made" ?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Surely they are all "hand made" ?
    Not the Diamond Select ones

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    Not the Diamond Select ones
    Yep, them too. Just by Chinese hands.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    3060

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    I read that and I imagine an assembly line with a bunch of human hands on robot arms...

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    I read the difference being "per request" vs. "per production run" (i.e mass-produced) -- to my knowledge, the only flux capacitor replica that's mass produced is the Diamond Select variant. Although if you want to get really technical, the only flux capacitors that are truly manufactured are the Thinkgeek flux capacitor chargers, but I don't consider those replicas since they also include a now-ubiquitous standard that didn't exist until over a decade later (you know, USB).

Although re-reading that post, "If a person could manufacture" doesn't make much sense to begin with

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by outatym2001 View Post
    Coulombe Enterprises web site gave no indication that these Flux Capacitors were made to order which made me assume they were already assembled and ready to ship. I am sort of losing confidence based on it has been one year since I sent payment via PayPal but I’m still holding out hope on receiving a Flux Capacitor. I don’t understand why Bruce Coulombe has dropped off DMC Talk. Maybe he is too busy?

Below is the very first paragraph in an email I received back on Monday, March 24, 2014.

Dear Purchasers,

I am emailing all of you to inform you of a delay we are having in assembling our Flux Capacitors for your orders. As I pulled one of the COA Flux Capacitors from our self, I notice a flaw (small air bubbles) in the replicated Torr relay acrylic clear tubes. These air bubbles are inherent through out our inventory of tubes. I will not send out any of our props that are less than high quality. Therefore, I have to inform all listed about that we will have a delay in getting these clear tubes replicated. We are told that from today we will have at least a two to three weeks in receiving our replacements. This means to you that we can not assemble your order for at least that time frame.
    So a year ago they told you that it would take a month? And still nothing?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast