FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Let's talk about Flux Capacitors...

My VIN:    02261

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    So a year ago they told you that it would take a month? And still nothing?
    On April 29, 2015 I finally called the phone number on their web site http://www.deloreantimemachines.com and spoke to Bruce directly and I learned my emails ended up in his Spam folder for some reason and he said sorry for the delay as some how my order had fallen through the cracks and was overlooked.

About two weeks after talking to Bruce on the phone I got my Time Dispersal Series Flux Capacitor and here are pictures of it. If you order one you must ask about the different power cords necessary to plug into your 12 volt Cigar Lighter in your DeLorean or the 120 volt electrical outlet in your home.
    Under the Cigar Lighter socket you must have the negative (black) wire attached to the outer metal housing / cylinder. The other wires which are positive should be attached to the center terminal at the very bottom center of the Lighter socket.
    Your Flux Capacitor will not light up if you don’t have the Lighter socket wired like I mention above.

Thread where I attached pictures of how you remove the Cigar Lighter metal housing / cylinder.
    Loose in my Cigar Lighter
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?36...-Cigar-Lighter

DeLorean Time Machines sell an aluminum flat bar (not shown on the web site) that connects the Flux Capacitor to the top Clips that support the top of the Cargo Netting.
    The four Clips for the Cargo Net are two long and two short. The two short Clips go to the outside and the two long ones go in the middle. Your Flux Capacitor hangs from the two long Clips in the middle.
    Attached Images
    Mark Vanyo
    Links to DeLorean related web sites!
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?19...s-Part-I-of-II.

My VIN:    2256

Does any one have a torr relay they might be able to get some measurements from? I am trying to size them with the reference photos I have but the dimensions just aren't adding up. For the diameter I am getting 2.125" with the height of between 1.25" to 1.375". I just can't narrow down the dimensions when I try to scale to my eimac glass relays I have. I know parts information for anything on the time machine can be very secretive at best but would really appreciate any help. Thanks.

My VIN:    07000

There a guy who made resin Torr relays using the top part of the case from a Pittman motor. I can get that measurement if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by mluder View Post
    I believe the "corrected" the direction of the fluxing. If I recall, the original version fluxed the wrong direction and buyers complained. The later version reversed the direction.

Notice I didn't say which direction was correct, in-to-out or out-to-in? Because I really don't know and as I said before, neither does the average fan.
    My BTTF2 "corrected" one fluxes from the center to the outside- but I do believe it's supposed to be starting at the outside then go into the center... and it would be nice it if were more than 3 LED's per strip.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

I bought a home built off eBay for 125 bucks. Looks great and has the LED sequencing lights. Not once has someone approached me and said it was inacurate. Trust me, it's not accurate but I like it that way because anyone that would know the difference and feel the need to point it out to me is someone that I want to have singled out well before he starts shooting up the place.

In case you didn't catch that, only a lunatic sociopath would feel the need to address such a thing, so having a screen inaccurate FC to identify those peope is a good thing.
    Last edited by Michael; 11-23-2016 at 08:40 PM.

Good point.

On another note, my first one was actually using the app "Time Circuits" in a cardboard box with elbow connectors and all, and when anyone saw it, they basically freaked out and thought it was the real deal.

SO, there's no accounting for people knowing there movie facts.

Which is a good thing.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6