FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: In memory of Jeremy VanBemmelen

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

In memory of Jeremy VanBemmelen

It is with the utmost regret and sadness that I must inform the group of the untimely death of Jeremy VanBemmelen...good friend and former employee of my company. Some of you may know him from the three years he worked with me here or from talking with him at the Gettysburg DCS in 2009.

I think his automotive career began at fifteen years of age when an acquantance gave him his first ride in a Jaguar XKE. He never looked back... embarking on a journey that for the next half of his (all too brief) life would find him achieving many things in the automotive world that would elude people twice his age. He was the ultimate car guy emmersing himself in buying ,selling, restoring, repairing almost any type of collector, sports car, and motorcycle that you could name and many that you couldn't. He achieved a body of knowledge and experience far beyond anyone else I've ever seen at a similiar age. His last employer was an exotic car dealership where he diagnosed and repaired all of the earlier exotic's that his cohorts could not fix with their laptops and tablets.

Beyond that he was an incredible person who combined the vitality of a boy with the wisdom of an "old soul". True to form he was delivering a car to a friend only 15 minutes from his house when tragedy struck. As he began unloading the vehicle it became untethered...killing him almost instantly. At thirty years of age Jeremy leaves behind April his beautiful wife and a young daughter with another baby due in about two weeks. I'm sure no one regrets this more than him.

April was holding up remarkably well when I saw her yesterday at a memorial service at her parents house where I saw strong men shed tears. My heart goes out to her, both families and his many, many friends. I count myself lucky to have been one of them.

The funeral service is today. God bless you Jeremy. You will never be forgotten.
    Rob Grady

My VIN:    10350 & 2083 SEARCHING FOR VIN#16664

Club(s):   (DMCNE)

I had the pleasure of speaking and meeting Jeremy. He is a great person and truly had a passion for automobiles.

My condolences and prayers go out to his family.

JAS

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Sorry to read such a sad news.
    My condolences to his family.

My VIN:    6235

My condolences to the family as well. Such a tragedy. A friend of mine died in a similar manner being crushed by his own vehicle. RIP Jeremy.

My VIN:    02378 & 15500 - Previous owner of 4363, 5319, 5692, 10246, 01924, 04389, 03133, 11408, 10989

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Rob,

I'm sorry to hear this, Jeremy was a very kind person. He always had time for a conversation when I came by the shop. He also worked on my Mustang while I was living on Long Island. I still have his cell # in my phone. Tragic loss of a great mechanic and kind sole. He will be missed by many.
    Kirk

My VIN:    6883, 6146-Acura Powered, Formerly 10310 and 628

Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

I was stunned and saddened when I heard the the news. He was a very kind person and a friend. My sincerest condolences to his family. Rob did an excellent (and I am sure difficult) job of describing Jeremy. He was a very special person.
    Tom

My VIN:    3886

Club(s):   (DMA)

Rob,

That is terrible news. I didn't know him, but if he is a friend of yours, I am sure he was an amazing person.

Do you know if anyone set up any type of donation site for the family? I can't imagine what they must be going through. If you do know of anything, please post it. I am sure some of the members would be happy to add to the fund.

tony c

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

So sorry to read this. My condolences.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

My VIN:    03037

I'm sorry to hear about his passing. Here's a page set up by Erica June: http://www.gofundme.com/JeremVanBemmelen Very sorry Rob and anyone who knew and worked with him.
    ¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬
    2014 La Jolla Concours D'Elegance Volunteer
    1998 Online Gamer; Everquest, AOE, R6, WOW, SOF
    1981 DeLorean, Grey, Automatic, Flap, 12k preserved miles
    1960 Volkswagen Beetle
    1961 Cadillac Coupe DeVille - *Restoration in Progress*

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by skill View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about his passing. Here's a page set up by Erica June: http://www.gofundme.com/JeremVanBemmelen Very sorry Rob and anyone who knew and worked with him.
    Thank you for posting that. I'm sure that donations would be helpful and appreciated under these circumstances. I've attached a picture of Jeremy and his daughter Olivia at a car show last June. April and Olivia and the baby to come could certainly use a helping hand.
    Rob Grady
    Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast