FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Owning a Ferrari for one year a disappointment.

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

Owning a Ferrari for one year a disappointment.

Not Delorean related, but an interesting read.

http://jalopnik.com/owning-a-ferrari...ent-1668355120

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

I cant really feel sorry for him...

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    16245

I read that too.

Love the conclusion, something I've said for years.. Just get a Porsche.

Supercar you can daily.
    Q: How do you make a small fortune restoring a DeLorean?
    A: Start out with a large fortune!

Vin 16245 (83, 5sp Blk) aka Stinky

My VIN:    16375

ferrari

It is pretty apparent that this guy has never driven one of our cars. If he did, he wouldn't be complaining about the attention it gets.
    Everytime I open the garage door, my car costs me a roll of toonies.

My VIN:    10287

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I cant really feel sorry for him...
    Ditto. Who gives a flaming f*$% if rides harder than a Mercedes and costs more than the mortgage payment on your house to keep?!? If driving a Ferrari doesn't get your pulse quickening, I'm sorry but your car enthusiast credentials must be handed back in
    Last edited by AugustneverEnds; 12-09-2014 at 03:29 PM.
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

My VIN:    5482

As a current Ferrari and DeLorean owner, I'll offer up a couple of opinions.

• I don't want a 360, 348 or 355. Though I would have a hard time turning down a 458...
    • I've had better luck with my Ferrari than my DeLorean in terms of reliability and mechanical issues.
    • I would not buy a Porsche right now. Prices (especially on the 911) are at all-time highs. I would; however consider selling a Porsche right now.

Worth noting, I bought my DeLorean as a running/driving fixer-upper; whereas the Ferrari was purchased needing nothing. Both cars get you solid road attention while driving. Both cars are fun to drive but in different ways. Both cars certainly have exotic feels to them. Both cars can cost you lots of money when it comes to repairs. Maintenance is cheaper on the DeLorean.
    Jeff

My VIN:    5757

Quote Originally Posted by OverlandMan View Post

• I don't want a 360, 348 or 355. Though I would have a hard time turning down a 458...
    • I've had better luck with my Ferrari than my DeLorean in terms of reliability and mechanical issues.
    • I would not buy a Porsche right now. Prices (especially on the 911) are at all-time highs. I would; however consider selling a Porsche right now.

Worth noting, I bought my DeLorean as a running/driving fixer-upper; whereas the Ferrari was purchased needing nothing. Both cars get you solid road attention while driving. Both cars are fun to drive but in different ways. Both cars certainly have exotic feels to them. Both cars can cost you lots of money when it comes to repairs. Maintenance is cheaper on the DeLorean.
    If you don't mind me asking, what Ferrari model do you own?

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by OverlandMan View Post

There is a saying, "Be careful what you ask for, you may get it"! Spock also said it well (I paraphrase)"Wanting is sometimes more pleasurable than having, it isn't logical but it is true". It boils down to expectations. When I was growing up my cousin had a 1970 purple Dodge Charger. I always wanted one so I restored one. Once I got it finished I was very disappointed with it. I handled terrible and was not an easy car to drive. A lot changed in automotive technology since 1970! So did my expectations. I am very happy with my Delorean and accept it's limitations. I have other cars that fulfill other needs.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    5628

Didn't someone on this forum buy a Ferrari? It would be interesting to get his perspective after one year of ownership of this prancing horse.

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by JRNY13 View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, what Ferrari model do you own?
    308 QV GTS

Quote Originally Posted by David T
    There is a saying, "Be careful what you ask for, you may get it"! Spock also said it well (I paraphrase)"Wanting is sometimes more pleasurable than having, it isn't logical but it is true". It boils down to expectations. When I was growing up my cousin had a 1970 purple Dodge Charger. I always wanted one so I restored one. Once I got it finished I was very disappointed with it. I handled terrible and was not an easy car to drive. A lot changed in automotive technology since 1970! So did my expectations. I am very happy with my Delorean and accept it's limitations. I have other cars that fulfill other needs.
    Naaa, I won't have a 360. That model is one of my least favorites, right up there with the 400s and the 308 GT4s. The 348 is not worth its cost in maintenance and the 355 just doesn't do much for me. At least with a TR and a recent engine-out major service you could roll the dice and have something fun to drive for a while then flip out of when the market is right. All this is my opinion of course.

When I was a kid I always wanted a Ferrari. When I finally drove and acquired one this year, it was awesome. I was not disappointed. Many folks will never know what it's like to drive one. It makes me appreciate it that much more. The very same logic can be applied to the DeLorean for me at least.
    Jeff

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast