FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for my old car, VIN 10787

My VIN:    4642 Former owner of 10787

Club(s):   (DOI)

Looking for my old car, VIN 10787

Hey guys, I used to be fairly active on the old dmctalk.com, but haven't been on this site too often. Anyways, I am hoping someone on here may have heard something about my old Delorean in the last 3 years since I sold it. I sold VIN 10787 back in July of 2011 to a man named Steve Armstrong who lives(d) in Ontario, Canada. The email I have for him no longer works and I cannot find his phone number that I had for him. I know it's a stab in the dark, but I figured in the last 3 years of ownership he may have cropped up on a forum or website somewhere looking for help or introducing himself to the community.

P.S Does anybody know anything about the dmctoday forum? I signed up over there but haven't received a confirmation email for my registration so I don't have any permissions to make posts or anything.
    Last edited by delo2.8; 12-09-2014 at 01:14 PM.
    Del Silveira
    Lived the dream, sold the dream. Now living it again.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Don't recall seeing him/it around here, sorry.

DMCToday are doing manual sign-ups so you should hear something back from them soon.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Are there any Canadian, particularly Ontario owners on here who might have heard something about it?
    Del Silveira

My VIN:    3937

I looked around and haven't seen anything definitive.

The last list I had with Canadian DeLoreans on it still had your BC town noted for 10787. The current DoD doesn't have an entry for this VIN.

I don't know of Steve Armstrong myself but two things come to mind. The first is a Stephen Armstrong who I don't believe has his own car but is more superfan of the car and BTTF and he lives in Northern Ireland (I think). The other Steve Armstrong that comes to mind "I think" is someone that was trying to keep a "Canadian DeLorean" type website going and I was under the impression he was in Alberta. I don't know what came of the website he had as I think the timing of it didn't help and people were just using Facebook or the forums like this one.

If there is one person in Ontario who does have all the info (other than a vendor potentially) it would be Mike B. He does a lot for the club in keeping people informed on events or tech days or car shows or parades or BBQs or whatever. So he has the master list of who the Ontario owners are and how to contact them. I would expect he would keep anything confidential to himself, and I mean mostly just people that gave instructions not to be contacted by the public. He could at least help you get in touch with the current owner of your old car if he knows who that is, either by introducing you via email or asking that person privately and then letting that person make contact if they so desire.

His email is: [email protected]

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I looked around and haven't seen anything definitive.

The last list I had with Canadian DeLoreans on it still had your BC town noted for 10787. The current DoD doesn't have an entry for this VIN.

I don't know of Steve Armstrong myself but two things come to mind. The first is a Stephen Armstrong who I don't believe has his own car but is more superfan of the car and BTTF and he lives in Northern Ireland (I think). The other Steve Armstrong that comes to mind "I think" is someone that was trying to keep a "Canadian DeLorean" type website going and I was under the impression he was in Alberta. I don't know what came of the website he had as I think the timing of it didn't help and people were just using Facebook or the forums like this one.

If there is one person in Ontario who does have all the info (other than a vendor potentially) it would be Mike B. He does a lot for the club in keeping people informed on events or tech days or car shows or parades or BBQs or whatever. So he has the master list of who the Ontario owners are and how to contact them. I would expect he would keep anything confidential to himself, and I mean mostly just people that gave instructions not to be contacted by the public. He could at least help you get in touch with the current owner of your old car if he knows who that is, either by introducing you via email or asking that person privately and then letting that person make contact if they so desire.

His email is: [email protected]
    Thanks, I will have to give him a shout and see if he knows anything. I don't see how the guy who bought my car could remain totally cut off from the Delorean community unless he just parked the car and never drives it. Since it is a Delorean, he must have had to buy some parts or do some work to it in the last 3.5 years.
    Del Silveira

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by delo2.8 View Post
    Thanks, I will have to give him a shout and see if he knows anything. I don't see how the guy who bought my car could remain totally cut off from the Delorean community unless he just parked the car and never drives it. Since it is a Delorean, he must have had to buy some parts or do some work to it in the last 3.5 years.
    No disputing the need to buy some parts or do some work... but I do know there are a lot of owners in Ontario and elsewhere that don't go anywhere near the forums or FB groups. The amount of fun or need for the social media piece to go along with owning one of these cars seems to go up and down more than our doors do. I think the "online" version of many car owners changes more frequently than the actual car's owners do. I know I take breaks from certain scenes here and there and then come back with the batteries charged back up to give it another go. 365 days per year of it is too much for some.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Mike B. got back to me very quickly and he says there has been no sign of 10787 or of the owners. I guess they just like to stay under the radar.

On a side note, if anyone sees any project cars come up for sale in Canada please let me know.
    Del Silveira

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Hey Del,

We've spoken before. Your car was carbed, correct?

When I first got my car, I spoke with Stephen on a few occasions. I seem to recall him being in Surrey, BC at the time. He then moved back to Thunderbay, ON. I think he was waffling on where to move next and last i heard he had a delorean... not sure who's it was. I thought he had a delorean prior to 2011, which means he bought and sold one before buying yours OR he now owns two.

Jonathan is right, he runs a "canadian" delorean owners site with no current information.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    Hey Del,

We've spoken before. Your car was carbed, correct?

When I first got my car, I spoke with Stephen on a few occasions. I seem to recall him being in Surrey, BC at the time. He then moved back to Thunderbay, ON. I think he was waffling on where to move next and last i heard he had a delorean... not sure who's it was. I thought he had a delorean prior to 2011, which means he bought and sold one before buying yours OR he now owns two.

Jonathan is right, he runs a "canadian" delorean owners site with no current information.
    That's right it was carbed. I wish I could find more info on the guy. I will have to go through my records and see if I have anything; I know I kept the bill of sale and a few things when I sold the car. I still have some emails saved from when he first contacted me but all I can come up with is that it was Steve and Lynne Armstrong. When I was talking to him over the phone and via email he never mentioned having another Delorean, in fact I seem to recall him saying that he had always wanted one. At any rate, I'm sure 10787 will turn up sooner or later. In the meantime I can keep my eyes out for a project car.
    Del Silveira

Just thought I'd give this thread a bump since it's been a couple of years. I still haven't seen any sign of the car or the couple who bought it from me, but I haven't been online for quite some time.
    Del Silveira

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast