Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: EZ Oil Drain Valve?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Houston

    Posts:    593

    My VIN:    16113

    Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

    EZ Oil Drain Valve?

    Has anyone seen this? There is such a small space where the drain plug goes I'm not sure how this would fit.
    http://www.forconstructionpros.com/p...il-drain-valve

    Shannon
    Shannon

  2. #2
    Delorean Guru
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Northern NJ

    Posts:    6,116

    My VIN:    10757

    Club(s):   (DMA)

    Quote Originally Posted by lazabby View Post
    Has anyone seen this? There is such a small space where the drain plug goes I'm not sure how this would fit.
    http://www.forconstructionpros.com/p...il-drain-valve

    Shannon
    Because of the low ground clearance and the valve would be out in the open completely unprotected, IMHO it is a BAD idea. At least on a Delorean.
    David Teitelbaum

  3. #3
    Senior Member Rich's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  San Francisco Bay Area, Calif.

    Posts:    1,413

    My VIN:    0934

    Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

    Additionally -

    Assuming you can squeeze it in there you'll want to be absolutely sure that it can't touch the frame crossmember under any kind of engine/drivetrain movement relative to the frame.

    A busted drain valve or a cracked oil pan could result. While driving.

    It might fit somebody's DeLorean in this respect. Yet it might not fit them all....so I can see why you are asking.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

  4. #4
    Member Oliver Holler's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  South Carolina

    Posts:    37

    My VIN:    10694

    It works. It fits. Plenty of room. I use it. I love it.
    I've replaced two oil pans from stripped threads. No more. Now it's idiot proof.
    Toby Peterson of DMC Northwest is an authorized distributor.oildrain.jpg

  5. #5
    Delorean Guru
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Northern NJ

    Posts:    6,116

    My VIN:    10757

    Club(s):   (DMA)

    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver Holler View Post
    It works. It fits. Plenty of room. I use it. I love it.
    I've replaced two oil pans from stripped threads. No more. Now it's idiot proof.
    Toby Peterson of DMC Northwest is an authorized distributor.oildrain.jpg
    It does look like it can fit and work just fine. What do they cost?
    David Teitelbaum

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  Minnesota

    Posts:    105

    My VIN:    0726

    do you have to hold down the lever while it drains 7quarts or does it lock into place somehow. Also do you add a new crush washer everytime you do this?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Cincinnati

    Posts:    166

    My VIN:    3589

    Looks like a good alternative

    I have a 1922 Ford Model T, which has no oil pump, and no Dipstick. You check the oil by crawling under the car and turning the upper of 2 petcocks. If oil comes out the lower petcock, you're good. If it comes out the upper petcock, you have too much.


    This Engine EZ Oil Drain valve reminded me of an accessory available for the Model T. It's a site glass. Put it in place of the lower petcock, and you can see exactly where your oil level is.

    Model T oil site guage.jpg

    Problem is, the glass would break from pebbles being thrown up from the tires. The engine would lose all it's oil (No Oil Pressure Gauge in a Moel T, not even even a dummy light!), and the driver would not be the wiser until the engine started knocking, which of course is too late!

    I like that this has a 'locking' position to prevent wayward leaks....

  8. #8
    Senior Member Josh's Avatar
    Join Date:  Mar 2013

    Location:  SK, Canada

    Posts:    1,605

    My VIN:    11408

    Club(s):   (TXDMC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Doogie View Post
    I have a 1922 Ford Model T, which has no oil pump, and no Dipstick. You check the oil by crawling under the car and turning the upper of 2 petcocks. If oil comes out the lower petcock, you're good. If it comes out the upper petcock, you have too much.


    This Engine EZ Oil Drain valve reminded me of an accessory available for the Model T. It's a site glass. Put it in place of the lower petcock, and you can see exactly where your oil level is.

    Model T oil site guage.jpg

    Problem is, the glass would break from pebbles being thrown up from the tires. The engine would lose all it's oil (No Oil Pressure Gauge in a Moel T, not even even a dummy light!), and the driver would not be the wiser until the engine started knocking, which of course is too late!

    I like that this has a 'locking' position to prevent wayward leaks....
    So its basically the same as the oiling system and fill/drain plugs on a manual transmission

  9. #9
    aka RacerX Ryan S.'s Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  Sacramento, CA

    Posts:    621

    My VIN:    2567

    Just got one from Toby. Simple to install. It should make my next oil changes very simple and clean. Just attach a plastic hose and open valve to drain. No more special wrench or messy oil splash around frame and floor. Highly recommend for those who have to change oil frequently.


    Attached Images

  10. #10
    aka RacerX Ryan S.'s Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  Sacramento, CA

    Posts:    621

    My VIN:    2567


    This is what it looks like. Two parts. Valve adapter and valve body.
    Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •