FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wings Aloft Install

My VIN:    5312

Broke from buying a home at the moment, trying to save to buy a new front end. Who resurrected this thread lol. never did get wings aloft=/

My VIN:    4665

Quote Originally Posted by smcguiga View Post
    I just finished installing the basic system. It wasn't that hard but it did take a lot of time. I still have to figure out why the doors won't pop on the first try. It usually takes a couple of clicks before they open.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdZW_RyZ50Y

--Steven
    Thank you for posting. I have been very curious about this upgrade.

My VIN:    04835

I bought the Elite kit from Toby recently and hope to install before DCS. I'll try and add color here as I go. The car has a bit of a ways to go before I can start the wiring though...

May 4.jpg

My VIN:    7122

Quote Originally Posted by FPBBrandon View Post
    I bought the Elite kit from Toby recently and hope to install before DCS. I'll try and add color here as I go. The car has a bit of a ways to go before I can start the wiring though...

May 4.jpg
    Is that a big poster of the time circuits? Where did you get that?

My VIN:    5541 6851 6250 515

Club(s):   (DOI)

Instructions for Wings Aloft Elite Install (seems wrong instructions came with kit)

I am trying to install the Wings Aloft Elite kit that I got from Toby years ago, finally getting around to doing it with free time in isolation!

I have seen Stevens YouTube video from the page before, as well as Todds (DeLorenTECH) but these are both for the basic install.

The printed instructions that came with my kit seems to be incorrect and I have reached out to Toby for some help but haven't heard back yet. Originally I noticed my install guide was dated 2009 and the others on YouTube are 2013 ... I asked Toby about this and was advised to use the one that came with the kit as the best option.

IN doing so, I quickly realized that things my guide are asking are not matching the physical connectors that my wings aloft elite kit has.

Specifically CN1 in the guide says its a big 8 pin connector
    my hardware only has a big 6 pin connector

the guide references a compustar control unit CM4000 but my compustar that came with my kit is a AS6000

anybody out there able to share a quick scan or pictures of their install guide with me? PM to keep it confidential for Tobys sake.

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by ODOC View Post
    I am trying to install the Wings Aloft Elite kit that I got from Toby years ago, finally getting around to doing it with free time in isolation!

I have seen Stevens YouTube video from the page before, as well as Todds (DeLorenTECH) but these are both for the basic install.

The printed instructions that came with my kit seems to be incorrect and I have reached out to Toby for some help but haven't heard back yet. Originally I noticed my install guide was dated 2009 and the others on YouTube are 2013 ... I asked Toby about this and was advised to use the one that came with the kit as the best option.
    Out of curiosity I just watched those two YouTube videos - well done (except that I think the DeLorenTECH ones are longer than the actual installation time). If your issues pertained to the mechanical part of the installation I could help, since the mounting template, linkage, wire routing, and relay schematics are all what I designed over 32 years ago! However, Toby has continued to upgrade the controllers as noted elsewhere and you would have to work with him to resolve questions with that part. Hundreds of these kits have been installed since I first offered them in 1988 with few problems or complaints, so hang in there. The end result will be worth the effort.

Darryl T
    1981 DeLorean w/supercharged Chevy V6 - purchased 1990; built '90-'95; sold 2005; re-purchased 2016; sold again 2017
    1957 Dodge D500 Hemi convertible - restoration completed 7/2015; sold 12/2019
    1957 Dodge 2-door station wagon, 2019 Chrysler drivetrain
    2000 Corvette convertible

My VIN:    5541 6851 6250 515

Club(s):   (DOI)

Thanks so much Daryl!! I appreciate your offer!

I was thankfully able to get the correct instructions for my kit today from Toby and all is working well now!

Such a fun addition to the car!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2