FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Renting out a DeLorean

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Johnson View Post
    Does anyone have a standard contract/rental agreement that you use or is it just a boilerplate auto rental agreement with provisions as to what clients can and cannot do with the car?
    Typically you have to use their paperwork because it has already been approved as to form by the production company and the insurance company. If they don't have paperwork you can just make up something simple outlining where, when, what they will be doing, how long, compensation, insurance, transportation, etc. Included in their paperwork is usually some kind of release allowing them to use the images any way they want. All of this should be done in advance so there is no pressure the day of.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by Timebender View Post
    You're the dude with the beard that doesn't look like you belong in the shot...

One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

My VIN:    1150

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by RETIRED View Post

Ahhh yes, the memories! That music video was shot in Miami about 3 months before the beard & stache I'd had for over 30 years came off as a birthday surprise for my wife. She decided that she likes me without it, so I'm still enjoying the look of surprise on the faces of old friends who see me for the first time sans whiskers, LOL. Heading back down to Miami & The Beach tonight for an informal gig at a friend's bachelor party, chauffeuring the groom & some of the groomsmen around town for a few hours. Gonna keep the parcel shelf clear in case one of the shorter guys is crazy enough to wanna take a brief ride there, LOL. No doubt something will probably show up on Facebook and Instagram by morning...

My VIN:    07000

So what do you guys charge for a gig, event or shoot, day rate or half day? I've seen anything from $1000 a day for rare exotics, to guys asking $400 a day for an AC Cobra.

My VIN:    1150

Club(s):   (DCF)

I've taken less on occasion, depending on circumstances, but I generally ask for a "donation to the maintenance & upkeep fund" of $200 for making the appearance, and a further $100 for each hour that I stay on site. If I had to travel outside of my local area for the appearance, I'd also expect to be provided and/or reimbursed for reasonable gas, lodging & meal expenses for the trip, and complimentary admission credentials if needed to attend the event/festival/convention/performance/whatever.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by whocruiser View Post
    I've taken less on occasion, depending on circumstances, but I generally ask for a "donation to the maintenance & upkeep fund" of $200 for making the appearance, and a further $100 for each hour that I stay on site. If I had to travel outside of my local area for the appearance, I'd also expect to be provided and/or reimbursed for reasonable gas, lodging & meal expenses for the trip, and complimentary admission credentials if needed to attend the event/festival/convention/performance/whatever.
    In the NY area, if it is a direct deal (no broker) I get $500 plus they provide insurance, food, and transportation. 1 day static shots. I ask for (and usually get) a copy of the pictures or video.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    07000

Thanks guys. I've been getting a lot of interest and have been asking the $500 for a day plus fuel and expenses. Good to know I'm not under or over shooting.

My VIN:    4941

Boston, MA, RI CT NYC Rentals

I rent my Delorean, as well as some of my other classic / specialty vehicles. www.springgreenautobody.com/gallery/
    401 749 7010
    Attached Images

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3