FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Know The Story On The '81 For Sale At Beverly Hills Car Club??

Anyone Know The Story On The '81 For Sale At Beverly Hills Car Club??

It says it's missing the engine and transmission, and that it's a great car to restore. Looking at the pics, it looks like it doesn't even have a chassis. Looks like it has some homemade steel frame in which they incorporated solid axles so that the car can roll. No steering or anything underneath even though it does have a steering wheel. If you look closely, it has 2 hoisting/lifting rings in the front trunk and in the rear engine compartment. Was this used for some kind of prop or display in which they hoisted it in the air? BTTF Delorean prop that was "flown" in the air?? haha! Weird car.

Check it out:

http://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com//...an--c-3470.htm

1981 DMC DeLorean Coupe, stainless steel with black interior, missing engine and transmission, very collectible, excellent car to restore. For $9,750

Read more: http://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com//...#ixzz3MCqiS74J

My VIN:    5096

My VIN:    4519

Man, that car just keeps popping up for absurd prices.

Thanks for the link. Interesting threads. This car is exactly what I was thinking it was.........essentially a pile of parts and not really a car at all! Definitely not an "excellent car to restore" as mentioned in their ad.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

It's a train wreck; except a car that was hit by a train would probably still hold more value.

I saw it in person when it was for sale here in Orlando for $4500. It's garbage; total and complete garbage. Little able to be or worth saving. The interior is trashed, the panels all have dings, dents, and major scratches, and it doesn't have a Delorean frame (let alone drivetrain, suspension, or any other part that would be on a DeLorean chassis). A guy working at the place where it was said the wheels don't even rotate; they just had to drag/slide the car from place to place when they wanted it moved.

Some poor unknowing person will probably end up buying it not knowing how bad it actually is.

My VIN:    01955

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    Some poor unknowing person will probably end up buying it not knowing how bad it actually is.
    And thinking all it needed was an engine and gearbox to get it going.

My VIN:    3028

You had me at Beverly Hills Car Club.
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    It's a train wreck; except a car that was hit by a train would probably still hold more value.

I saw it in person when it was for sale here in Orlando for $4500. It's garbage; total and complete garbage. Little able to be or worth saving. The interior is trashed, the panels all have dings, dents, and major scratches, and it doesn't have a Delorean frame (let alone drivetrain, suspension, or any other part that would be on a DeLorean chassis). A guy working at the place where it was said the wheels don't even rotate; they just had to drag/slide the car from place to place when they wanted it moved.

Thanks for the info. I read through the older threads and saw the discussion on these items. Poor car! Unfortunately, it's too expensive to buy and use it for the parts since it's not in that great of shape overall, and it would be too expensive to build and put on the road since it's so incomplete. Essentially it will have to be exactly what one of those previous owners bought it for........a lawn ornament. Too bad this car will never see the open road again!

My VIN:    Formerly 0774, Formerly 3165 twice

Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

The A/C fascia looks good. But that's about it. What a disaster.
    Chris Piazza
    1GR8STRY
    Owner of 3165 by default

Club(s):   (PNDC)

But the trip reset shaft is still good. Totally worth $9k.
    - Volker Seidel -

The way I see it, if you're gonna drive around in a car, why not do it with some style?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast