FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Looking for the details of the very first owner

My VIN:    5433

Looking for the details of the very first owner

Only recently I became the proud owner of a low mileage Delorean.
    The car came complete with all its history from the past 33 years.
    All the information is there, from the original window sticker to the last bill dated 2 weeks ago.

Only one piece is missing and that's the name of the very first owner of the car.

Vin number of the car is 5433 and the dealer who sold the car was George P. Ballas Buick, Toledo, Ohio.

For me it is a privilege to be part of the history of this car and I would like to maintain its history as complete as possible. So is there any way to find out who the first owner of this car was?

Thanks,
    Pascal

My VIN:    6272 10638 17158

I'd start by checking out the delorean museum. They have that info forsale for some cars, comes on a nicely laid out sheet.
    In my one cars case how ever it's first sale was to another dealer down the street, so didn't help me with people lol

My VIN:    3937

Call or email Sarah Heasty at DMC Houston and ask. She heads up the DeLorean Museum effort and one of the items they provide/sell is the original warranty card and owner registration. If that information is known, she would have it.

It's more likely that if the information is known for your car, you'll figure it out through Houston and not the forums. You might get lucky and someone sees your thread and happens to know who that owner was, but contacting Sarah is your best bet realistically.

She'll offer you a reproduction of those cards with the information and they are not expensive (I don't consider it terribly expensive myself that is). The proceeds go towards maintaining other historic items and documents as far as I know.

Actually, I just looked and your card is available.

Museum store here:

https://squareup.com/market/the-delorean-museum-inc

(look at VIN specific items)

and the VIN registry link for 5433 is:

http://www.citizenkidd.com/DMC/pages...asp?start=5433

Looks like you're in luck!

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Thank you for your tips guys.

I think most of the info on Thomas site is the info I provided him with, so no news there.

I don't mind paying for the info I am looking for but the problem is that the museum store only ships to a US address.
    Maybe I should ask them if they can provide me with a pdf file instead of a hard copy.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Thank you for your tips guys.

I think most of the info on Thomas site is the info I provided him with, so no news there.

I don't mind paying for the info I am looking for but the problem is that the museum store only ships to a US address.
    Maybe I should ask them if they can provide me with a pdf file instead of a hard copy.
    If you know the State the car was registered and Titled in you can request a record search. Some States don't charge much and others can be expensive. If the dealer is still in business you might get lucky and they still have the records. Worth a try.
    David Teitelbaum

That's actually a very smart idea. I would send them an email and see what they say. Keep in mind it's the holiday season, so they may not get back to you this week, but it's worth asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    That's actually a very smart idea. I would send them an email and see what they say. Keep in mind it's the holiday season, so they may not get back to you this week, but it's worth asking.
    I contacted Delorean Museum via their website earlier this week. Still waiting for a reply but as you mentioned it is indeed the holiday season.

My VIN:    6272 10638 17158

I don't belive they will send you it via internet, atleast they wouldn't for me, their hard copy set up only. Also couldn't for the life of me figure out how to "check out" on the site, ended up buying in person at Dcs lol

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Only recently I became the proud owner of a low mileage Delorean.
    The car came complete with all its history from the past 33 years.
    All the information is there, from the original window sticker to the last bill dated 2 weeks ago.

Only one piece is missing and that's the name of the very first owner of the car.

Vin number of the car is 5433 and the dealer who sold the car was George P. Ballas Buick, Toledo, Ohio.
    My car, #1880, was originally sold by George Ballas in Toledo as well!
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880