FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Blower motor

My VIN:    5436

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by PJ Grady Inc. View Post
    Oh BTW there was no factory plenum drain above the fuel pump area. Just a hole which is easily blocked with leaves and debris. The designer also saw fit to vent this mess directly onto the fuel pump. If this person attends the Delorean reunion in Belfast next May I'd love to shake his hand over a job well done. Talk about two birds with one stone! I may even buy him a pint or three so we don't have to dwell on his engineering prowess too long.
    Rob
    You coming over to that Rob?
    - Martin - VIN 5436 -

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by MML View Post
    You coming over to that Rob?
    You're not related to a certain engineer are you? If not then yes...if yes then no!
    Rob

My VIN:    5436

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by PJ Grady Inc. View Post
    You're not related to a certain engineer are you? If not then yes...if yes then no!
    Rob
    Ha ha no, you're safe enough Rob!
    - Martin - VIN 5436 -

My VIN:    4885

Installed new blower motor - sounds like the bottom of the fan is rubbing on the meta

So I ordered a new blower motor, installed it and re-used the old fan - works perfectly as long as fan isn't pushed down where the base of the fan rubs on the metal, then it makes a noise like it's rubbing against the metal. Any ideas? Not sure how to keep the fan from rubbing on the metal. Thanks guys.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

There is supposed to be a square washer that fits onto the shaft and stops the fan from going too far on the shaft and hitting the top of the motor. Check the old motor, it should still be on it. You must remove it and reuse it on the new motor.
    David Teitelbaum

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    There is supposed to be a square washer that fits onto the shaft and stops the fan from going too far on the shaft and hitting the top of the motor. Check the old motor, it should still be on it. You must remove it and reuse it on the new motor.
    I thought I was missing something.

I changed it a week ago and got rid of my old motor. At first my new my motor was working without rubbing the metal, it must have slid down to the metal because nothing stopped it - no metal washer.

Do you have a pic by any chance of where the washer should be before putting the fan on the motor? Thank you for your help, much appreciated.delorean blower motor.jpg

So, I removed the bolt you see in the picture that came with it so I could put the fan on it and then bolt it down, I'm assuming I should NOT have removed the top bolt, simply put the fan on top of that and THEN put a bolt on the top??
    Last edited by RDYPLR1; 10-12-2018 at 02:27 PM. Reason: learning as I go

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Don't have a picture handy but the shaft of the motor has a flat on it. The washer slides down to the end of the flat so the hole in the washer is not round, it is squared off so it won't go all the way down the shaft, stopping at the end of the flat. It prevents the fan from going all the way down the shaft. I don't know if you can even buy that washer unless someone can find you a used one. You could make one, just put a tiny weld in the ID of an ordinary washer and file it to fit.
    David Teitelbaum

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Don't have a picture handy but the shaft of the motor has a flat on it. The washer slides down to the end of the flat so the hole in the washer is not round, it is squared off so it won't go all the way down the shaft, stopping at the end of the flat. It prevents the fan from going all the way down the shaft. I don't know if you can even buy that washer unless someone can find you a used one. You could make one, just put a tiny weld in the ID of an ordinary washer and file it to fit.
    David!

Thank you sir. I took out my blower motor, took it to O'reilly's and they opened up a new one they had in stock. They took off the top and showed me the washer you're talking about. I had found it on the floor of my garage after I took out my old one, had no clue what it was so I put it in my toolbox. I went home, put it on my blower motor and re-installed it and it works perfectly. Thank you, thank you for your help.

20181012_190317.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2