It's hard to estimate the life of a door "gas spring" (proper term) because of the effect of the torsion bar setting on it's performance. A torsion bar often needs to be adjusted when replacing the gas spring to achieve the optimum result. Temperature also has a larger affect because of the heavy weight of the Delorean door compared to the hood and sunshade applications.

Based on my experience with previous versions of these parts I'm willing to go out on a limb and guess-timate the usable service life to be at least double the "typical three year" estimate. This should hold true especially if one is willing to adjust the torsion bar once or twice to compensate for temperature swings if you live in a temperate zone of the country like I do. Six years or more would be my guess but I could be wrong.

Sorry no lifetime warranties on gas springs! Only Ed B. would be bold enough to try that and it couldn't have worked out that well. Any oldtimers remember his"lifetime warrantied sunshade pistons"? Better question is how many of you got a second pair free?

These are high quality springs and I think my changes to the application will make them last longer, work better, and operate smoother than any previous piston on the market IMHO. I have one more trick still up my sleeve that I'd rather not disclose...maybe some other time!

Big thanks to Patrick Conlon for taking that video of his remote door opener with our new gas spring. Besides seeing it here I just saw it on Utube.
We be going virale babbbayyy!!!
Rob